First Tractor

/ First Tractor #1  

Ibennetti

I'm a Florida suburban boy who married a Ca country girl...Beach Boys didn't warn me about this flavor:) 3 kids and 11 years later we have moved out to about 8 acres and all the sun and fun that comes with horses and property....we need a tractor.
We are looking at a L275D Kubota Tractor, 1699hrs. It has a working scoop, no leaks. I believe it's an 80s model...asking price is $5500...what does anybody think?

/ First Tractor #2  
Hello & WELCOME to TBN!

I moved your thread to the Buying/Pricing/Comparisons Forum. :)

/ First Tractor #3  
Seems like alot of money for a small gear type tractor but others may disagree.

I would rather put a large down payment and have a small 0% note on a new one. Might be cheaper in the long haul and you start out with alot easier to use tractor with a hydro transmission.

/ First Tractor #4  
I'm a Florida suburban boy who married a Ca country girl...Beach Boys didn't warn me about this flavor:) 3 kids and 11 years later we have moved out to about 8 acres and all the sun and fun that comes with horses and property....we need a tractor.
We are looking at a L275D Kubota Tractor, 1699hrs. It has a working scoop, no leaks. I believe it's an 80s model...asking price is $5500...what does anybody think?

Do you have a price range your trying to stay in?

/ First Tractor #5  
With 8 acres, I'd certainly be looking at something a little newer and, depending on what type of work you will be doing, bigger. Even with low hours, at over 20 years old, things can go wrong very quickly.

/ First Tractor #6  
newer? I'd be looking for older ;)

say a nice minty ford 861 with power steering or go newer and get a 4000 with a loader and rops :)

soundguy