What Bush Hog would you buy?

/ What Bush Hog would you buy? #1  

atilton

Tractor
L4310, M7040, KX161, RTV900, RTV1140
I am in need of a new bush hog, I have had the same one for 20 years (land pride 5') but it is small and warn out. I would like a 7' or 8' it will go on a L4310 but I am hung up on which brand to buy . I am looking at Woods Land Pride and Bush Hog I want something with a rugged drive terrain and a rugged deck that doesn't dent up the first time you hit a rock. any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

/ What Bush Hog would you buy? #2  
I recently purchased the Bush Hog 296 and am extremely pleased with its performance.

/ What Bush Hog would you buy? #3  
you might look at your max lift cap for brush hogs (lift type) in your manual. it probably is less than the max lift capacity of your arms since the hog will extend out much further. great idea going heavy duty, but 7 & 8 foot lift models really start to get heavy.....my rhino 8' hd (twin spindle) is around 2000. perfect for my 8540, too much for your model i suspect....7' would heavy duty would be pushing it, but maybe not. be safe!!! check your manual specs.

/ What Bush Hog would you buy? #4  
i got a 72" Woods Med. duty about a month ago and been happy with it...Woods comes with a 6 year warranty on the gearbox

/ What Bush Hog would you buy? #5  
In my opinion, all three make good cutters though a couple will disagree on at least one brand. I use a Land Pride RCR2672 on my L5030 and it would not handle a 3PH 8', so as per Big Bubba, check your specs. We use a Woods DS1260 10'6" pull type on our M8540 as the weight was a little more than we wanted on a 3PH.

If you want a big mower, relatively speaking, on that tractor, you "may" have to go with a semi-mount or pull type.

/ What Bush Hog would you buy? #6  
I am in need of a new bush hog, I have had the same one for 20 years (land pride 5') but it is small and warn out. I would like a 7' or 8' it will go on a L4310 but I am hung up on which brand to buy . I am looking at Woods Land Pride and Bush Hog I want something with a rugged drive terrain and a rugged deck that doesn't dent up the first time you hit a rock. any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

What is you budget limit?

I've had Woods, Bush Hog, and a few other minor brands. MUCH MUCH better service out of the Bush Hog mowers, but keep in mind I tend to gravitate towards heavy duty or extreme duty mowers. With "economy grade" mowers' there isn't much difference in ANY brands. They're ALL built light and cheap IMHO.

Also keep in mind, there is no "gold standard" as to what heavy duty is....Some brands versions of heavy duty aren't even as rugged as others light duty. It takes a LOT more than an artificially inflated big number for the gear box rating to make a heavy duty mower once you put them to the test.

/ What Bush Hog would you buy? #7  
for your tractor id get bushhogg 8ft pull type.it wont lift the 3pt 8ft shredder.

/ What Bush Hog would you buy? #8  

see if howse has an 8' in it's HD line. I have a HD 120 ( 10' ) mower and love it. very rugged.. built better than my JD 1517 bating.. etc.

soundguy

/ What Bush Hog would you buy? #9  
soundguy: are you talking an 8' 3ph hd mower for a 4310? what's the weight of it? would you be comfortable on a slope with that setup? just asking bb

/ What Bush Hog would you buy? #10  
Kubota L4310 Power:
Engine: 43 hp [32.1 kW]

PTO (claimed): 38 hp [28.3 kW]

Im gonna say a 6ft is going to be at the biggest you can go(3pt),just my opinion.But I like the LandPride RCR line of shredders have had good luck with them,and also like the Woods Ds model.

Your going to have alot of shredder back there if your go with the 8ft pull-type,im not saying it wouldnt pull it but it better not be to thick.I use one on my M5040 and it does just fine in whatever you put it in.I have also used my 12ft with the M5040 but I wouldnt get it in anything to bad or im going at a turtles pace.........

New 6'(3pt)under $2000 New 8'(pull-type)over $6000 Landpride#s