Comparison Deere 5083E vs Farmall 90

/ Deere 5083E vs Farmall 90 #1  

idfarmer

Tractor
Farmall 95
I am looking for a utility tractor for my father in law. We have looked at the JD 5083E and CaseIH Farmall 90. Feel they are comparable but the Farmall is made in Turkey. Can anyone help on the reliability of each? Deere says it is made in Georgia (USA) but are the parts made here, or us it just assembled here?

/ Deere 5083E vs Farmall 90 #2  
I am looking for a utility tractor for my father in law. We have looked at the JD 5083E and CaseIH Farmall 90. Feel they are comparable but the Farmall is made in Turkey. Can anyone help on the reliability of each? Deere says it is made in Georgia (USA) but are the parts made here, or us it just assembled here?

I did a quick review on tractordata.com and the tractors are prety well matched. The Farmall makes rated power at a 100 rpm lower revs (which means less wear on the engine IF you use max power frequently), and with 4wd and a cab weighs out at almost 7000 lbs. There are no weights specified on the JD. The Farmall 90 has a little less hydraulic flow then the 5083E. If the weigh within 100 lbs of each other than I'd say the performance would be very close. Start looking on tractor forums for both models and see what kind of problems people are having with them. That will give you an idea about the relative reliability. What's the price difference? JD usually cost quite a few more shekels then Case/Farmall.

I bought a used NH TD95D made in Italy and I searched the TBN NH Forum for that model and could find nothing inherrently bad about the machine. I talked to some NH Techs on that forum and they said it was an old reliable design that had lots of hours on it and should be reliable. They were not seeing any systemic problem with that model. Do some foot work before you make a decision.

As far as the JD facility in GA, it's my understanding it's an assembly plant. Most of these smaller machines (under 100 hp) are made from parts sourced all over the world. Only the bigger tractors and combines are US made and they probably have some off shore components in them also.

/ Deere 5083E vs Farmall 90 #3  
the Farmall 90 is the same as the TD5050 Nh pretty much. it out weighs the Deere, it is a little bit longer, so better ride, the 3 point lift on the Nh is over 5000 pounds Deere is at a little over 3000 pounds. Huge difference there, Nh has a swinging draw bar, and nicer 3 point hook up, extendable links, both are at 93 engine hp but NH is @ 80 pto and Deere is 75 pto so the NH is a more efficient tractor for power and yes it does run at a lower rpm. These are just some of the comparisions, hope it helps.

/ Deere 5083E vs Farmall 90 #4  

JohnDeere 5083E or the Kubota M9540

/ Deere 5083E vs Farmall 90 #5  
The 5083e is made in this country. I have been in both, and i thought the Deere was the nicer of the two. I believe the price will be close but the IH will be slightly less expensive. Personally, I would chose the Deere. Does the version of the 90 you looked at have a power reverser? I don't think it does. That alone is reason to take the Deere.