Buying Advice tractor cab

/ tractor cab #1  

esquire1967

Tractor
kioti ck30
Well i have had a cab on my tractor now for 4 years. the dealer told me he had one used cab for sale it was only 1 year old. so i purchased it.
now 4 years later i broke the glass door.
i called the dealer asked him to order the door .he called me back and told me before he orders it he wanted me to know the price before. $947.00 +tax +shippng= $1200.00.wow.He said he dont really like selling those cabs because replacement cost on the 2 doors are very expensive.

wish i would have know that before i would have shop arround because i called other dealers to make sure i was not getting ripped of .it turns out they are all whittin $10.00 of each other.

so before you buy a cab find out what the cost is to replace the glass door
and also this is a LAURIN cab on a 30 horspower tractor.

yes i did check with 3 local glass shop to see if they can cut one and they said because of the small curve in it they cant do it

/ tractor cab #2  
Get a piece of lexan or plexiglass 3/16 or a full 1/4 inch. Heat and bend if necessary.

/ tractor cab #3  
If you have a tin knocker in the area, he might be able to fill in the "bend" with metal. And then you might be able to replace the flat section? Or a good body shop?

/ tractor cab #4  
Lexan would be a good replacement, as it's incredibly strong and you don't need to heat it to bend it. It will, however, scratch very easily, but for the cost, that would be my choice.

Joe

/ tractor cab #5  
I agree with Lexan being a good low cost alternative for the side doors. The bend is not very pronounced and should be easy to fit without heating to your door frame.
The front glass is flat on most of these cabs so I suspect you can have one cut and tempered if that is broken. Visibility through the front glass being much more important than a side door I would stick with glass for the windshield but would consider the Lexan for the side door.

To side track for a moment, soon after getting my 110tlb with the Laurin cab I was trailering it home from a job after dark. Didn't realize that the right side door wasn't shut securely. Drove home about 40 miles only to find the door had been blown off in the wind and had fallen between the pipe trailer rail and rear tire. Didn't break the glass but broke the hinges, I felt very lucky and learned by that mistake to make sure the doors and windows are all properly closed and locked before trailering.:ashamed: