Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Padawan Tractor Learner
    Advertiser
    Tractor
    Deere 317 & L118

Default Just sold a couple attachments, still have more to sell though

Well, i just sold both my bush hog and my post hole digger today. I still have several attachments and my tractor to sell. I am not doing it for no reason, I have my eye on upgrading to a tractor with a FEL or a skid steer loader. Of the time i have had my tractor, the lack of a FEL has shown very largely, even with many implements to take it's place, it is still no comparison to the real deal. I put this thread in the buying/pricing/comparisons forum because I will be buying/pricing/comparing once it is all sold. For now, I am just thrilled i sold 2 implements in one day.
    My Fleet:
    2004 Deere 317 Skid Steer Loader
    66" Construction bucket, imatch QA adapter, CU72 Jake Rake, Middle Buster, 60" Landscape rake, 54"x 48" Pallet forks
    2005 John Deere L118
    42" deck

Check out my rakes: www.Jakesimplements.com

Member of the TBN "Young gun" Club

Tractor
    John Deere 4520 MFWD, Deere 855D UTV, Z920A Zero Turn Mower and assorted implements

Default Re: Just sold a couple attachments, still have more to sell though

Good for you!!
    Any thoughts about what you want to buy? Might we see a JohnDeere(enter the model number here) soon?
    Roy Jackson

"Any government that does not trust its citizens with firearms is either a tyranny, or planning to become one."
    -Joseph P. Martino

Padawan Tractor Learner
    Advertiser
    Tractor
    Deere 317 & L118

Quote Originally Posted by RoyJackson View Post
    Good for you!!
    Any thoughts about what you want to buy? Might we see a JohnDeere(enter the model number here) soon?
    I would like to. It really will come down to price, I expect to be in the $7-$8k range. Might be another Yanmar, could be a kubota, there is a possibility of a John Deere.
    My Fleet:
    66" Construction bucket, imatch QA adapter, CU72 Jake Rake, Middle Buster, 60" Landscape rake, 54"x 48" Pallet forks
    2005 John Deere L118
    42" deck

Platinum Member
    Tractor
    Case 1845C skidsteer

Hey Roy. I vote for a skid steer. Not because I think it is the best option but because it is what I have and I need the assurance that someone else does what I do. I hate being the single crazy. I purchased 120 rough acres about 6-7 years ago. Got a 1845C skid steer with a tree saw for tree clearing. Then came the food plots for deer. Got a 3 point hitch adapter and a disk for working ground. (Didn't think I could afford a tractor and skid steer) Surprisingly the disk has worked out pretty well. I back-up with the disk and it is a bit hard to go exactly where you want, but it makes up for that by the amount of down pressure you can put on the disk. Got a hydraulic chainsaw on a boom to side trim my tree rows. Mounts and detaches from the bucket. That has worked well. Got a skid steer log splitter so I can sit on my keyster and split wood. Haven't used that one much yet, but have high hopes. Also have a heavy duty brush cutter that is a beast and will cut trees up to 4". Have a 1 row JD 71 planter 1 pull behind my 4-wheeler. I sure catch **** at the coffee shop from the real farmers for that one row implement. It does get the job done if I do my part.

Lots of options with a skid steer, but most are a little pricey.
    Good luck with your selling and keep us up to date.

Padawan Tractor Learner
    Advertiser
    Tractor
    Deere 317 & L118

Got a guy coming out to see my pallet forks here in 15 min. Hope i sell em!
    My Fleet:
    2005 John Deere L118
    42" deck

Tractor
    John Deere 4520 MFWD, Deere 855D UTV, Z920A Zero Turn Mower and assorted implements

Quote Originally Posted by Johndeere3720 View Post
    There is a possibility of a John Deere.
    $7K-$8K would buy you a 755, 770 or a few others
    Roy Jackson

"Any government that does not trust its citizens with firearms is either a tyranny, or planning to become one."
    -Joseph P. Martino

Padawan Tractor Learner
    Advertiser
    Tractor
    Deere 317 & L118

Quote Originally Posted by jbooth View Post
    Hey Roy. I vote for a skid steer. Not because I think it is the best option but because it is what I have and I need the assurance that someone else does what I do. I hate being the single crazy. I purchased 120 rough acres about 6-7 years ago. Got a 1845C skid steer with a tree saw for tree clearing. Then came the food plots for deer. Got a 3 point hitch adapter and a disk for working ground. (Didn't think I could afford a tractor and skid steer) Surprisingly the disk has worked out pretty well. I back-up with the disk and it is a bit hard to go exactly where you want, but it makes up for that by the amount of down pressure you can put on the disk. Got a hydraulic chainsaw on a boom to side trim my tree rows. Mounts and detaches from the bucket. That has worked well. Got a skid steer log splitter so I can sit on my keyster and split wood. Haven't used that one much yet, but have high hopes. Also have a heavy duty brush cutter that is a beast and will cut trees up to 4". Have a 1 row JD 71 planter 1 pull behind my 4-wheeler. I sure catch **** at the coffee shop from the real farmers for that one row implement. It does get the job done if I do my part.

Lots of options with a skid steer, but most are a little pricey.
    Good luck with your selling and keep us up to date.
    I have definitely been leaning towards a skid steer, I am keeping my John Deere imatch so I can make a 3 point hitch adaptor. But what it will come down to is price and location. I found some good priced John Deere skid steers...... In Minnesota. There has been an almost new kubota B2320 on CL around here for $8200 but it doesn't have a FEL. It has 79 hours and is a 2009 model, gear drive.
    My Fleet:
    2005 John Deere L118
    42" deck

Padawan Tractor Learner
    Advertiser
    Tractor
    Deere 317 & L118

Quote Originally Posted by RoyJackson View Post
    $7K-$8K would buy you a 755, 770 or a few others
    I just saw a 755 for $8000 up in Washington. FEL, low hours, it is in consideration. I cant get ahead of myself though, I gotta sell a bunch of stuff first.
    My Fleet:
    2005 John Deere L118
    42" deck

Padawan Tractor Learner
    Advertiser
    Tractor
    Deere 317 & L118

Well, didnt sell the forks but hey, I sold 2 things today, I think I'm doing pretty darn good.
    My Fleet:
    2005 John Deere L118
    42" deck

Padawan Tractor Learner
    Advertiser
    Tractor
    Deere 317 & L118

Here is the kubota I am looking at. No FEL but low hours and it is almost new. Kobuta tractor with very low hours It wouldnt be much of a jump up in size but it would be in value and age.
    My Fleet:
    2005 John Deere L118
    42" deck

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast