Just sold a couple attachments, still have more to sell though

/ Just sold a couple attachments, still have more to sell though #1  

Johndeere3720

Padawan Tractor Learner, Advertiser
Tractor
Bobcat T62, MT55, E42R, E10, John Deere 4100
Well, i just sold both my bush hog and my post hole digger today. I still have several attachments and my tractor to sell. I am not doing it for no reason, I have my eye on upgrading to a tractor with a FEL or a skid steer loader. Of the time i have had my tractor, the lack of a FEL has shown very largely, even with many implements to take it's place, it is still no comparison to the real deal. I put this thread in the buying/pricing/comparisons forum because I will be buying/pricing/comparing once it is all sold. For now, I am just thrilled i sold 2 implements in one day. :D:laughing:

/ Just sold a couple attachments, still have more to sell though #2  
Good for you!!
Any thoughts about what you want to buy? Might we see a JohnDeere(enter the model number here) soon?

/ Just sold a couple attachments, still have more to sell though
Good for you!!
Any thoughts about what you want to buy? Might we see a JohnDeere(enter the model number here) soon?

I would like to. It really will come down to price, I expect to be in the $7-$8k range. Might be another Yanmar, could be a Kubota, there is a possibility of a John Deere. :D

/ Just sold a couple attachments, still have more to sell though #4  
Hey Roy. I vote for a skid steer. Not because I think it is the best option but because it is what I have and I need the assurance that someone else does what I do. I hate being the single crazy. I purchased 120 rough acres about 6-7 years ago. Got a 1845C skid steer with a tree saw for tree clearing. Then came the food plots for deer. Got a 3 point hitch adapter and a disk for working ground. (Didn't think I could afford a tractor and skid steer) Surprisingly the disk has worked out pretty well. I back-up with the disk and it is a bit hard to go exactly where you want, but it makes up for that by the amount of down pressure you can put on the disk. Got a hydraulic chainsaw on a boom to side trim my tree rows. Mounts and detaches from the bucket. That has worked well. Got a skid steer log splitter so I can sit on my keyster and split wood. Haven't used that one much yet, but have high hopes. Also have a heavy duty brush cutter that is a beast and will cut trees up to 4". Have a 1 row JD 71 planter 1 pull behind my 4-wheeler. I sure catch **** at the coffee shop from the real farmers for that one row implement. It does get the job done if I do my part.

Lots of options with a skid steer, but most are a little pricey.
Good luck with your selling and keep us up to date.

Got a guy coming out to see my pallet forks here in 15 min. Hope i sell em! :D

/ Just sold a couple attachments, still have more to sell though #6  
Hey Roy. I vote for a skid steer. Not because I think it is the best option but because it is what I have and I need the assurance that someone else does what I do. I hate being the single crazy. I purchased 120 rough acres about 6-7 years ago. Got a 1845C skid steer with a tree saw for tree clearing. Then came the food plots for deer. Got a 3 point hitch adapter and a disk for working ground. (Didn't think I could afford a tractor and skid steer) Surprisingly the disk has worked out pretty well. I back-up with the disk and it is a bit hard to go exactly where you want, but it makes up for that by the amount of down pressure you can put on the disk. Got a hydraulic chainsaw on a boom to side trim my tree rows. Mounts and detaches from the bucket. That has worked well. Got a skid steer log splitter so I can sit on my keyster and split wood. Haven't used that one much yet, but have high hopes. Also have a heavy duty brush cutter that is a beast and will cut trees up to 4". Have a 1 row JD 71 planter 1 pull behind my 4-wheeler. I sure catch **** at the coffee shop from the real farmers for that one row implement. It does get the job done if I do my part.

Lots of options with a skid steer, but most are a little pricey.
Good luck with your selling and keep us up to date.

I have definitely been leaning towards a skid steer, I am keeping my John Deere imatch so I can make a 3 point hitch adaptor. But what it will come down to is price and location. I found some good priced John Deere skid steers...... In Minnesota. :( There has been an almost new Kubota B2320 on CL around here for $8200 but it doesn't have a FEL. :( It has 79 hours and is a 2009 model, gear drive.

$7K-$8K would buy you a 755, 770 or a few others

I just saw a 755 for $8000 up in Washington. FEL, low hours, it is in consideration. I cant get ahead of myself though, I gotta sell a bunch of stuff first. :confused2::)

Well, didnt sell the forks but hey, I sold 2 things today, I think I'm doing pretty darn good. :thumbsup:

Here is the Kubota I am looking at. No FEL but low hours and it is almost new. Kobuta tractor with very low hours It wouldnt be much of a jump up in size but it would be in value and age.