Buying Advice Kubota L45

/ Kubota L45 #1  

mmmm1178

Looking for advice...I have been tractor shopping for about a month now and have had my eyes on the new Kubota L45. I have approx 50 acres... I plan on plowing my driveway, pulling trees for firewood, landscaping areas, small orchard work, and food plots. The machine does more than what I really need it to do although many people say I won't go wrong with the extra hp for when its needed. The price tag is $41,000 from dealer with loader and backhoe (Does anyone know what the price range is for the L45). A few recommendations from others also suggested the L series (4240). Im really looking to get a backhoe and from what i understand once you add a back hoe to that unit the price will be up over $40,000. I'm really have my mind set on a Kubota just not sure which one to go with. Any help will be greatly appreciated.

/ Kubota L45 #2  
I use to have the older version that was 48HP. This model,, the 45 is a true 3 pump backhoe, easy to remove the hoe and use 3 pt impliments,, I would go for this rather than another L model such as 4240 or something,, these models still are only 2 pump, main and steering, and have no where near the power the L45 has.

/ Kubota L45 #3  
You could pic up a used TLB four wheel drive of good size for about 15,000 or less. Then you could settle on a second unit which would help you better maintain your property.

I do like the L-45 but I feel you might be short on options with only one tractor.

/ Kubota L45 #5  
You could pic up a used TLB four wheel drive of good size for about 15,000 or less. Then you could settle on a second unit which would help you better maintain your property.

I do like the L-45 but I feel you might be short on options with only one tractor.
+1 I recently saw a couple L48 models locally with low hours in the 20k price range.

/ Kubota L45 #6  
Depending on budgets, and if you need to move equipment off site....

You might be able to pick up a used full-size construction backhoe for somewhere in the mid $20K range.

Then you can get a slightly smaller tractor for the 'light' work.

Let the big-boy do the big work, and let the little guy do the light grading, mowing etc...

$40K +/- is about the right price range for the L45