Default Kubota L45

Looking for advice...I have been tractor shopping for about a month now and have had my eyes on the new kubota L45. I have approx 50 acres... I plan on plowing my driveway, pulling trees for firewood, landscaping areas, small orchard work, and food plots. The machine does more than what I really need it to do although many people say I won't go wrong with the extra hp for when its needed. The price tag is $41,000 from dealer with loader and backhoe (Does anyone know what the price range is for the L45). A few recommendations from others also suggested the L series (4240). Im really looking to get a backhoe and from what i understand once you add a back hoe to that unit the price will be up over $40,000. I'm really have my mind set on a Kubota just not sure which one to go with. Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Veteran Member
    Tractor
    case dx45 cab

Default Re: Kubota L45

I use to have the older version that was 48HP. This model,, the 45 is a true 3 pump backhoe, easy to remove the hoe and use 3 pt impliments,, I would go for this rather than another L model such as 4240 or something,, these models still are only 2 pump, main and steering, and have no where near the power the L45 has.

Tractor
    all makes and models

You could pic up a used TLB four wheel drive of good size for about 15,000 or less. Then you could settle on a second unit which would help you better maintain your property.

I do like the L-45 but I feel you might be short on options with only one tractor.

Tractor
    BOTA L3400 DT -SQ 172 B HOG-WAC PHD-JD SUBARU PWRD GENNY

Here's some good reading on the L45.
    New kubota L45 Completes TLB Lineup | OrangeTractorTalks

Boone
    2 CHRONICLES 7 : 14 (KJV)

Veteran Member

Quote Originally Posted by art View Post
    You could pic up a used TLB four wheel drive of good size for about 15,000 or less. Then you could settle on a second unit which would help you better maintain your property.

I do like the L-45 but I feel you might be short on options with only one tractor.
    +1 I recently saw a couple L48 models locally with low hours in the 20k price range.
    "God makes appointments with us in our disappointments. To see the pattern we must take three steps involving the heart, the mind, and the cross." - Ravi Zacharias

Gold Member

Depending on budgets, and if you need to move equipment off site....

You might be able to pick up a used full-size construction backhoe for somewhere in the mid $20K range.

Then you can get a slightly smaller tractor for the 'light' work.

Let the big-boy do the big work, and let the little guy do the light grading, mowing etc...

$40K +/- is about the right price range for the L45