Money

/ Money #1  

Nfaile

Tractor
Cud cadet ltx1040
What should i charge to cut peoples lawns 1 acre or smaller to mow weedeat/edge and blow?

/ Money #2  
Need more info.

Are you using a riding mower or push?

Do you need to transport these tools, or is it in your neighborhood?

/ Money #3  
There is a minimum cost to haul there. And there should be. Around here it is $35.00-$40.00 minimum. I used to charge $40.00 minimum and never was hassled on the price.

/ Money
In the neighborhood and riding and bagging

/ Money #6  
In the neighborhood and riding and bagging

I would charge 20 dollars per hour from what you stated.

But you need to do your homework. IE: you need to figure how long it will take for the job, then give a set price 'without' divulging the 'per hour' price.

Equipment costs, and insurance costs............most people don't factor in insurance, but you need it when on someone else's property nowadays(protect yourself....no one else will).

And don't fool around on the job, for 20 bucks an hour..........work your butt off..............I ain't joking.

This is just a baseline............depending on where your at in the world, it could be a lot higher. I'm in the sticks here, and that's the least I would charge.

/ Money #7  
I live in a small neighborhood in the middle of nowhere. I do the same thing and charge $30. You need to figure in how much gas you use. Unfortunately, that's an important cost these days.

/ Money #8  
I live in a small neighborhood in the middle of nowhere. I do the same thing and charge $30. You need to figure in how much gas you use. Unfortunately, that's an important cost these days.
Is that $30 for 1 acre, with bagging and edging and blowing...........or is that 30 per hour.........or is that for 1/4 acre..........???

EDIT: Or do you charge everyone 30............then break even between the bad jobs and good?

/ Money #9  
Cost per hour includes travel time. If it takes fifteen minutes to get there and fifteen minutes to go home the customer pays for that additional half hour. I wouldn't do it for $20.00 an hour. You have your equipment costs. Insurance. And when you get home you have to service your mower that you used to mow other peoples yard. The work is not done when you get home. The customer also pays for the time you spent servicing your equipment at the end of the day.

/ Money #10  
Cost per hour includes travel time. If it takes fifteen minutes to get there and fifteen minutes to go home the customer pays for that additional half hour. I wouldn't do it for $20.00 an hour. You have your equipment costs. Insurance. And when you get home you have to service your mower that you used to mow other peoples yard. The work is not done when you get home. The customer also pays for the time you spent servicing your equipment at the end of the day.
Give the guy a pricepoint already:laughing::thumbsup::laughing::thumbsup:

EDIT: And me too