Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Tractor
    Cud cadet ltx1040

Default Money

What should i charge to cut peoples lawns 1 acre or smaller to mow weedeat/edge and blow?

Tractor
    Massey Ferguson GC2400

Default Re: Money

Need more info.

Are you using a riding mower or push?

Do you need to transport these tools, or is it in your neighborhood?
    Don

MF GC2400, FEL, 60in.MMM, 5ft. Cultivator, Single Bottom Plow, Bush Hog RTC48 tiller, MF 2360 front mount snowblower, 5ft backblade. BXpanded Piranha toothbar.

Tractor
    Kubota B7800 with FEL

There is a minimum cost to haul there. And there should be. Around here it is $35.00-$40.00 minimum. I used to charge $40.00 minimum and never was hassled on the price.
    I used to do the Hokey Pokey but I turned myself around.

Tractor
    Cud cadet ltx1040

In the neighborhood and riding and bagging

Tractor
    Kubota B7800 with FEL

Quote Originally Posted by Nfaile View Post
    Its your equipment and your cost to maintain and/or repair. The dealer isn't going to give you a discount for the style of mowing you do.

Tractor
    Massey Ferguson GC2400

Quote Originally Posted by Nfaile View Post
    I would charge 20 dollars per hour from what you stated.

But you need to do your homework. IE: you need to figure how long it will take for the job, then give a set price 'without' divulging the 'per hour' price.

Equipment costs, and insurance costs............most people don't factor in insurance, but you need it when on someone else's property nowadays(protect yourself....no one else will).

And don't fool around on the job, for 20 bucks an hour..........work your butt off..............I ain't joking.

This is just a baseline............depending on where your at in the world, it could be a lot higher. I'm in the sticks here, and that's the least I would charge.
    Don

MF GC2400, FEL, 60in.MMM, 5ft. Cultivator, Single Bottom Plow, Bush Hog RTC48 tiller, MF 2360 front mount snowblower, 5ft backblade. BXpanded Piranha toothbar.

I live in a small neighborhood in the middle of nowhere. I do the same thing and charge $30. You need to figure in how much gas you use. Unfortunately, that's an important cost these days.

Tractor
    Massey Ferguson GC2400

Quote Originally Posted by BrownBear View Post
    I live in a small neighborhood in the middle of nowhere. I do the same thing and charge $30. You need to figure in how much gas you use. Unfortunately, that's an important cost these days.
    Is that $30 for 1 acre, with bagging and edging and blowing...........or is that 30 per hour.........or is that for 1/4 acre..........???

EDIT: Or do you charge everyone 30............then break even between the bad jobs and good?
    Don

Tractor
    Kubota B7800 with FEL

Cost per hour includes travel time. If it takes fifteen minutes to get there and fifteen minutes to go home the customer pays for that additional half hour. I wouldn't do it for $20.00 an hour. You have your equipment costs. Insurance. And when you get home you have to service your mower that you used to mow other peoples yard. The work is not done when you get home. The customer also pays for the time you spent servicing your equipment at the end of the day.

Tractor
    Massey Ferguson GC2400

Quote Originally Posted by whistlepig View Post
    Cost per hour includes travel time. If it takes fifteen minutes to get there and fifteen minutes to go home the customer pays for that additional half hour. I wouldn't do it for $20.00 an hour. You have your equipment costs. Insurance. And when you get home you have to service your mower that you used to mow other peoples yard. The work is not done when you get home. The customer also pays for the time you spent servicing your equipment at the end of the day.
    Give the guy a pricepoint already

EDIT: And me too
    Don

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast