Tractor Sizing Bobcat CT122 vs CT225/30 and Kioti CK27/30

/ Bobcat CT122 vs CT225/30 and Kioti CK27/30 #11  
I have a CT230 and love it. Very ergo like you mentioned. I have 17 acres...I blow snow, grade driveway, move dirt, cultivate, rototill and rough mower with it. Very very acceptable machine with more features than others for less $$$. Would not go CT122...too small. If you have any other questions...message me.

/ Bobcat CT122 vs CT225/30 and Kioti CK27/30 #12  
I would go slightly larger, the one your wife likes. I wanted a 20HP tractor to start with but ended up buying a 28HP tractor that was 1/2 again as big. Glad I did. I could not imagine pushing snow, moving dirt, ect with one of them little things. Mine barely does what I need sometimes. Yes, they are great for loose material, ect but to pull stumps, post, drag logs, push snow, and move a 5' bush hog though the thicks there is no comparison.

Buy once and buy right. It will cost you way more if you decide to trade up later.

Chris

/ Bobcat CT122 vs CT225/30 and Kioti CK27/30 #13  
Couple of things:
#1 If your wife liked the Bobcat 122, she will like the CK 20.

#2 as you know Kioti builds the Bobcat tractor but not loader. If you have a Kioti dealer in town, go w/ him because it's very lilely you may be dealing w/ him in the future for parts even if you buy the Bobcat. Don't go the 120 miles.

The contract for Bobcat has been for 3 years and a possible 2 more. If Bobcat doesn't renew (which could happen) you'll need to deal w/ Kioti. So just buy the Kioti to begin w/. There is a reason Bobcat is usually cheaper in that they discount the tractors because tractors don't sell as well for the as skid loaders.

Hey Bud! get your facts right!
Bobcat owners will never have to deal with Kioti! Unless they choose to.
Kioti does not make the Bobcat tractor! Daedong does. Daedong is the parent company of Kioti PERIOD!
Bobcat contracts???How about 2016!
Now I have no problem with the Kioti tractors as I was one of the biggest dealers on the east coast, and I still service them with a smile! BUT YOU MY FRIEND NEED TO LEARN A LITTLE MORE ABOUT KIOTI AND BOBCAT TRACTORS!

/ Bobcat CT122 vs CT225/30 and Kioti CK27/30 #14  
If you have 5 acres or less I would go with the smaller tractor. The CT122 or CK20 are both very capable tractors. I own a CK20 and over the 3+ years I have used mine, I have only needed the extra size or HP a few times on my 10 acres. I looked at CK25 when I purchased and it was just too large for most of my chores on my little place. I added a set of rear remotes and a thumb on the bucket and this tractor can get a great amount of work completed.

Eddie

/ Bobcat CT122 vs CT225/30 and Kioti CK27/30
Thanks all we are still talking it over the deal now on the CT122 has gotten even better with some VERY aggressive pricing on accessories but my wife and I have not had time to discuss. Thanks again for all of the input we truely appreciate it!:D

/ Bobcat CT122 vs CT225/30 and Kioti CK27/30 #16  
Smaller tractor equals 4'-5' implements. Larger tractor equals 5'-6' implements. Larger stuff usually costs more money, larger stuff usually gets stuff done faster. If size is a problem, then go smaller, if not go with the bigger machine. they both will get the work done, but not in the same time frame. ;)

/ Bobcat CT122 vs CT225/30 and Kioti CK27/30
Well tomorrow I go to buy the local CK30 and try to get a buy on the attachments. We are going this way after talking with a couple of guys out in my area and their big issue was how steep our hill is, stability and the composition of our soil. They also saw it as an investment and said I would never regret the extra power. One even suggested the next model bigger. I am going to get a canopy, 60" rear blade and front forks. I will shop around for the mower and post auger. What are the thoughts on a scarifier? It makes sense that it would break up the soil for gradeing but? I also have looked at the grading scrapers. Those seem cool but there are so many choices of goodies for moving dirt around. I have a little bit of road to build and some elevations and grades to work for drainage. They still have to mount the loader and I will also see about having the tires filled with beet juice for more weight down low.

Thanks,
Gene

/ Bobcat CT122 vs CT225/30 and Kioti CK27/30 #18  
Smart choice on the CK30.

A boxblade is your best bet for grading. Used ones can be found if you look for them regularly. Again, with this implement, heavier is better. Look for a Woods/Gannon, bush hog, or befco brand (and a few others).

Definitely get the tires filled.

/ Bobcat CT122 vs CT225/30 and Kioti CK27/30 #19  
toothbar for the loader bucket, try that in combo with the rear blade before you buy a box blade you might not need. a lot can be done with that setup. Don't get me wrong, a box blade is a great tool for grading, but not necessary if you have the loader and blade. on the blade, make sure it has side to side adjustment, not just tilt and angle.

/ Bobcat CT122 vs CT225/30 and Kioti CK27/30 #20  
toothbar for the loader bucket, try that in combo with the rear blade before you buy a box blade you might not need. a lot can be done with that setup. Don't get me wrong, a box blade is a great tool for grading, but not necessary if you have the loader and blade. on the blade, make sure it has side to side adjustment, not just tilt and angle.

Sorry, Jim. But, I have to disagree. I have a toothbar, scraper, and boxblade. The toothbar and scraper can be used together to do some light excavating. I've used this setup quite a bit. But, they don't replace a boxblade. The box will level easier, dig deeper faster, and "automatically" fill low spots while removing high spots. The box is superior for serious fast digging where leveling is a primary goal.

I do love my toothbar for digging into piles of heavy material. But it's in the way when using the bucket to backdrag. And it really doesn't dig so well into hard material; can be hard on your bucket tool.

And the scraper is great for trenching and crowning. Probably good for snow too, but I haven't used mine for that. Not all that great at digging though, unless the ground is really soft or loose.

I think all three are essential implements to have when road maintenance and loader work are primary tasks.