Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Elite Member
    Advertiser
    Tractor
    Mahindra 7520, Mahindra 3215HST, Case 580 extendahoe, Case 310 dozer, Parsons trencher, Cat D6,

Default Re: Bobcat CT122 vs CT225/30 and Kioti CK27/30

Quote Originally Posted by Fugowwee View Post
    Well tomorrow I go to buy the local CK30 and try to get a buy on the attachments. We are going this way after talking with a couple of guys out in my area and their big issue was how steep our hill is, stability and the composition of our soil. They also saw it as an investment and said I would never regret the extra power. One even suggested the next model bigger. I am going to get a canopy, 60" rear blade and front forks. I will shop around for the mower and post auger. What are the thoughts on a scarifier? It makes sense that it would break up the soil for gradeing but? I also have looked at the grading scrapers. Those seem cool but there are so many choices of goodies for moving dirt around. I have a little bit of road to build and some elevations and grades to work for drainage. They still have to mount the loader and I will also see about having the tires filled with beet juice for more weight down low.

Thanks,
    Gene
    Gene, DO NOT get a 60" rear blade for your CK30. A 60" box blade yes, but not a rear blade. Get at a minimum of a 72" and I would go with an 84" rear blade, as heavy as you can afford which means higher quality and much more $$$$. You want a blade that will do something, not one that will only move loose material.

If you need to do some road building, you should check into getting a good heavy 60"-66" box blade. Around 600-800lbs, that along with the rear blade and you will be set pretty good for working on your roads. Get a land plane grading scraper later on down the road. Great for maintaining a road, not needed for building the roads though.

You should double check about rear remotes also. Sooner or later your going to want 2 of them.
    Brian
    Top and Tilt Kits by Fit Rite Hydraulics

Gold Member
    Tractor
    Kioti CK30, JD X475. HPX Gator, Woodmizer LT10

Boy Mr. Wallace, I had heard you were kind of a jerk, now you just proved it. I'm glad you know everything about tractors. I know a little more than you think I do. Only been in the tractor business for 25 yrs. At least I know now Bobcat has extended through 2016. I won't make that mistake again.
    I know about Daedong and who builds what. Sorry I said the wrong thing.

Tractor
    Kioti CK30HST

Bought the tractor today! They had everything but the pallet forks and canopy. Ended up going with a 72" rear blade. with the blade angled it is still wider than the tractor which will be great come winter! I also has tilt and side to side adjustment. I am going to rent a box blade and see how we get along as well as borrow a grader attachment. I am still going to add one of the tooth blade sets from W.R.Long not sure which one. Also looked at their tree spade. Has anyone used one?

Thanks,
    Gene

Tractor
    Kioti CK25 Shuttle Shift, loaded tires, JD X739

congrats. Post some photos!

Tractor
    Kioti CK30HST

So here it is! They just started mounting the loader and ordered the goodies!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Bobcat CT122 vs CT225/30 and Kioti CK27/30-tractor-jpg  

Give 'em **** Wallace

Tractor
    Kioti CK30HST

And here is the front yard a couple of little rolls in the hill to get up to the house with a steep gully to the left(west) and steeper behind the house. It isnt the most aggressive topography but probably because the ground is mostly clay and shale. We have a lot of projects to button up before snow flie! New windows in the bottom half and a new section of road to build. plus plowing to prep for and dead trees to gather!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Bobcat CT122 vs CT225/30 and Kioti CK27/30-front-yard-jpg  

Tractor
    Kioti CK20 HST

Looks good.

Congrats and Welcome to the Pack!
    Derek
    Kioti CK20HST
    KL120 FEL // KB2365 BH // 60" JRW 3ph snowblower // 48" HD Boxblade
    Sims-Cab Depot heated cab
    Quote Originally Posted by DiamondPilot
    Now it's time for Ford and GM to step up

Tractor
    Jinma 254/284 Ford 861 Powermaster at work

Quote Originally Posted by MtnViewRanch View Post
    Gene, DO NOT get a 60" rear blade for your CK30. A 60" box blade yes, but not a rear blade. Get at a minimum of a 72" and I would go with an 84" rear blade, as heavy as you can afford which means higher quality and much more $$$$. You want a blade that will do something, not one that will only move loose material.

If you need to do some road building, you should check into getting a good heavy 60"-66" box blade. Around 600-800lbs, that along with the rear blade and you will be set pretty good for working on your roads. Get a land plane grading scraper later on down the road. Great for maintaining a road, not needed for building the roads though.

You should double check about rear remotes also. Sooner or later your going to want 2 of them.
    I agree on the blade size. I had a 6' rear blade for my 28HP tractor and when you put a angle on it it would not cover the wheel tracks. I now have a 7' blade and its perfect.

Nice tractor. I am jealous.

Chris

Tractor
    Bobcat ct 225

Good looking tractor.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast