Tractor Sizing Bobcat CT122 vs CT225/30 and Kioti CK27/30

/ Bobcat CT122 vs CT225/30 and Kioti CK27/30 #1  

Fugowwee

Tractor
Kioti CK30HST
So after driving tractors today (Kubota, Bobcat, Kioti) we are down to the Bobcat ( maybe a Kioti depending on this thread) reason being my wife was WAY more comfortable on the Bobcat. Little ergonomics issues made a big difference for her.
*Rocker style forward/reverse pedal.
*Base model seat was more adjustable than Kubota also had a bit more suspension.
*Steering seemed smoother. Handleing.
*Side grab bar placement for getting in.
*CT335 Upgraded seat is AWESOME! Available on CT225/230
*CT335 Tilt wheel made it way more comfortable. Also available on CT225/230

Now I have a new issue the price on the CT122 is VERY righteous (at least I think so) do I spend the extra about $5000 for 30% more tractor a CT225 in only a slightly larger package? Which also adds the super awsome seat and a tilt column? Does anyone have the CT122 and wish they had the CT225 or vise versa?

Thanks everyone for looking.

/ Bobcat CT122 vs CT225/30 and Kioti CK27/30 #2  
The CT122 and CT225 are very different animals. I think the 122 is more of a subcompact tractor.

Quick comparisons: CT122/CT225
Weight: 2026lb/3028lb
Loader lift @ 24": 830lb/1225lb
loader lift @ pin: 1140lb/1605lb
TPH lift @ 24": 860lb/1508lb
Hydrostat ranges: 2/3
Top speed: 9.3mph/13.1mph (I spend all my time in the CT225's mid range, which the 122 doesn't have).
CT122 has rigid lower links with a turnbuckle lift rod adjustment, CT225 has telescopic with a crank lift rod adjustment.

If this tractor will spend 99% of it's time with a mid-mount mower, I'd go for the CT122, otherwise jump to the 225 or 230.

-rus-

/ Bobcat CT122 vs CT225/30 and Kioti CK27/30 #3  
I would say it depends on your tractor needs. I have a Kioti CK20HST and it has proved to be plenty of tractor for my needs on my 3 acres. I didn't need a mower and only bought it to excavate my property and do landscaping as it was a new lot. I got the backhoe as well instead of renting for the rocks, stumps and ditches. It proved to be a great decision as the backhoe is incredible. Personally, I don't think the 2-3 hp and couple of hundred pounds of extra front end loader capacity is worth the extra $5k. The CT225 is also a larger all around tractor which makes it harder to store and use more diesel. That extra weight, larger tires, etc... need more power just to move so your not really getting that much extra power with the larger CT225.

I think the 122 is more of a subcompact tractor.
The CT122 is NOT a sub-compact. The SCUT tractors are lawn mowers with loaders like a Kubota BX series. The CT122/CK20 is a Compact Utility Tractor.

/ Bobcat CT122 vs CT225/30 and Kioti CK27/30 #4  
I have the 225 and wish I had the 235. I looked at the 122 at first and decided the power output was restrictive.

/ Bobcat CT122 vs CT225/30 and Kioti CK27/30 #5  
Couple of things:
#1 If your wife liked the Bobcat 122, she will like the CK 20.

#2 as you know Kioti builds the Bobcat tractor but not loader. If you have a Kioti dealer in town, go w/ him because it's very lilely you may be dealing w/ him in the future for parts even if you buy the Bobcat. Don't go the 120 miles.

The contract for Bobcat has been for 3 years and a possible 2 more. If Bobcat doesn't renew (which could happen) you'll need to deal w/ Kioti. So just buy the Kioti to begin w/. There is a reason Bobcat is usually cheaper in that they discount the tractors because tractors don't sell as well for the as skid loaders.

/ Bobcat CT122 vs CT225/30 and Kioti CK27/30 #6  
Choose your dealer very carefully. Kioti and Bobcat are nearly identical machines, but having a "good" dealer close by makes a big difference. I bought a BC CT122 nearly 3 years ago for landscaping and mowing my 2 acre lot, removing snow in the winter, and prepping and caring for the garden. It has served me very well with almost 400 hrs on it at this point. The larger and heavier CT 225 may create problem with lawns due to the extra weight. I also don't need as much room to maneuver when it is time to place mulch next to the house and in flower beds. Once you decide, enjoy your new "toy".

/ Bobcat CT122 vs CT225/30 and Kioti CK27/30
Thanks all for the posts! I probably should point out I am not getting this for a lawn I have a little craftsman rider for that. I will be cutting only brush and natural vegitation as well as spraying for weeds and pine beetle, moving dirt, stone and dead trees, landscaping, snow removal and road maintainance.

I travel and am in most major Montana towns every six weeks. So I know outa town better than in town! I would prefer to support a local business but they need to be competative. I understand the need for a solid distributor more than you can imagine!

Attachments

• Top south.jpg
    Top south.jpg
    62.9 KB · Views: 524
  • top east.jpg
    top east.jpg
    60.2 KB · Views: 539
  • top west.jpg
    top west.jpg
    53.4 KB · Views: 485
   / Bobcat CT122 vs CT225/30 and Kioti CK27/30 #8  
The CT122 is NOT a sub-compact. The SCUT tractors are lawn mowers with loaders like a Kubota BX series. The CT122/CK20 is a Compact Utility Tractor.

We can call it a CUT or a SCUT, but the CT122 and BX25 are very similar tractors. 22hp v. 23hp, 2000lb v. 1500lb, similar physical dimensions, 860lb TPH v. 670lb TPH.

Regardless, my point to the OP was that the CT122/CK20 are a different class of tractor than the CT225/CT230/CK27/CK30. The latter four are larger-frame and heavier tractors (still in the CUT range, not UT). The lift ranges of the CT225 are significantly more than CT122's capabilities. (loader 147%) (TPH 175%). (The CT230 and CT225 have identical specs other than horsepower).

-rus-

/ Bobcat CT122 vs CT225/30 and Kioti CK27/30 #9  
We can call it a CUT or a SCUT, but the CT122 and BX25 are very similar tractors.
Have you ever seen these two tractors in person? The BX25 is a lawnmower with a loader, the CT122 is actually a utility built tractor. Don't confuse horsepower with the tractors abilities.

Similar dimensions?
Kubota BX25 // Bobcat CT122
Length: 95.5 in // 105.7 in (over 10 inches longer)
Width: 44.5 in // 46.5 in
Height: 70.4 in // 81.8 in (over 10 inches taller)
Ground clearance: 8.7 in // 10.7 in
Loader capacity 500mm forward to full height: 518 lbs // 830 lbs

While they may be different in specs, the CT122 and CT225 are closer in size and specs than a BX25 and CT122. The CT122 is far from a SCUT...

/ Bobcat CT122 vs CT225/30 and Kioti CK27/30 #10  
rus_geek has is right about the CT122 vs. the CT225 or Kioti equivalents. The 225 is a much bigger tractor, and will handle bigger implements all around. It size does make it harder to store and tow.

Yes, there isn't a lot of difference in loader lift capacity. But, the extra weight of the bigger tractor will let you use that more safely (keep our wheels on the ground). Plus, it is more effective digging into a pile because the extra weight gives you improved traction. And the bigger bucket easily handles most loader work by carrying more volume (unless you are moving kryptonite).

The other differentiator is hydrauli flow. Much higher on the bigger tractor, meaning faster implement action that uses hydraulics.

The bigger tractor also handles 3ph implements better due to greater ground clearance. Though they may cost a bit more, being bigger tools.

Lastly is the 2 speed tranny vs. the 3 speed on the bigger machine. Big improvement.

Not to say the littler tractor isn't a very nice capable brute. It's just not the same thing as its big brothers. I wish they'd put a few more HP in that chassis with a 3 speed tranny. Then it would make a great mower/loader package.

However, I would be wary of the CT225 w.r.t. HP with the HST tranny. It's awefully heavy. If I were going HST, I'd want at least the 30 HP version.

Now in Kioti, you can get gear versions, and here the CK27 in gear is a brute (I have the CK25 gear). But, it sounds like your wife will insist on HST.... and I can't say that I blame her. It is better for most users.