Buying Advice Best time to buy?

/ Best time to buy? #1  

Lodge Berry

Is there a time of year that dealers make the best deals?

/ Best time to buy? #2  
I doubt it, quite honestly. Each dealer has his own issues with surplus stock, fast moving stock, aging stock, OEM incentives, dealership inner bonus system incentives and so forth.

If something has been on the lot too long, you know he wants it gone. There's not nearly as much incentive to push out a hugely popular or harder to get model. Perhaps one of the many dealers on here can say something specific, but the best time to buy is when you, the customer need it and are ready to take possession.

/ Best time to buy? #3  
as said alot depends on the dealer an the brand he sales.right now all dealers are in tough spots because new/used equipment sales are slow.so if you have the money to buy now is a good time.because most dealers are willing to deal just to get to sale something.

/ Best time to buy? #4  
My dealer tells me his strong sales seasons are spring and fall.

He also told me that Kubota may have concerns about the market since they are starting to release dealer incentives. A dealer wanting to sell should pass those incentives along to you.

/ Best time to buy? #5  
I would say at the end of the year.They should be trying to move that years model out and make room for the nexts.But I also see alot of spring sales.

/ Best time to buy? #6  
Depends on where you live....In Kentucky, dealers pay property tax on their inventory on Jan 1st. Last week of December, they'll do what it takes to lower that inventory. But you're limited to what they have on the lot. I've bought a few pieces of equipment in Indiana. Their tax inventory date is (was?) March 1st. Last week of Feb is a good day to throw a low ball price at 'em.

Sales on SOME items slow down in the late fall/early winter, but a dealer who's been in the game very long knows this and plans around it.

When I was heavy into buying and selling used equipment, I'd spend all winter accumulating "stuff", then I'd get my price in early spring through late summer. Then the cycle would start all over.

/ Best time to buy? #7  
Being a dealer and trying to keep fresh inventory is important. Depending on what you want you might just want to watch dealers yards to see if any have what you want that doesn't seem to be moving.

I often have said when we can get ordering down I'm headed to Vagas!

Many programs go away at the end of December for taxes so think ahead!

/ Best time to buy? #8  
I bought my RFM and brush cutter in mid September. They came down off the sticker price on the RFM and brush cutter $800.00 when I bought both mowers at the same time. The dealer said he would lose more than that if he had to keep them until the next spring.

/ Best time to buy? #9  
ditto what the others said.. all depends on the region and dealer and floor plan.

if a dealer has stock setting on his floor that he's playing floor plan on.. and needs to move before current years stock comes in.. he may discount to cost..

Trade in's might have some play, depending on what he has in them.

soundguy

/ Best time to buy? #10  
Best time is at end of month, and end of month at the end of a quarter, end of March, June, and Sept. At years end can be good but most crunch numbers at end of Nov and prepare so end of Nov might be better then end of Dec. but for dealers that have not done their homework end of Dec. can be good too.

HS