Comparison NH 5070 Baler vs Case IH SB541 Baler

/ NH 5070 Baler vs Case IH SB541 Baler #1  

bondboy

Tractor
case 115
HI: I am going to buy a new small square baler. A stripped down NH 5070 and a Stripped down Case IH SB541 are essentially the same price, dealer support is about equal. Cash Sale. Which should I buy? I am told that parts are interchangeable and both made by NH........have a NH 276 now

/ NH 5070 Baler vs Case IH SB541 Baler #2  
I'd press the Case dealer a little more! Might be some additional savings to be had.

/ NH 5070 Baler vs Case IH SB541 Baler #3  
If dealer support is equal, make your best deal and buy. There is no reason to favor one brand over the other if the support is equal. The same parts will be on backorder concurrently at both dealerships.

/ NH 5070 Baler vs Case IH SB541 Baler
sounds like you think the case should be a little cheaper than the NH.....you may be right.

thanks

/ NH 5070 Baler vs Case IH SB541 Baler #5  
sounds like you think the case should be a little cheaper than the NH.....you may be right.

thanks

Nh is the original hay company. first square baler and by far the best. i know everyone will have an opinion on that but over the years and through out the USA more sold than any other brand and teh old ones are still goin strong. Nh would be my choice

/ NH 5070 Baler vs Case IH SB541 Baler #6  
Nh is the original hay company. first square baler and by far the best. i know everyone will have an opinion on that but over the years and through out the USA more sold than any other brand and teh old ones are still goin strong. Nh would be my choice

i would have to agree the nh balers wheter its square or round is the best in my opinion

/ NH 5070 Baler vs Case IH SB541 Baler #7  

If the CaseIH is the exact same machine, why the recommendation of NH? Other than maybe a couple bucks more in resale value (maybe) and the fact that you sell NH?? Just curious on your train of thought here. I'd be shopping the best bottom line in this situation.

/ NH 5070 Baler vs Case IH SB541 Baler #8  
If the CaseIH is the exact same machine, why the recommendation of NH? Other than maybe a couple bucks more in resale value (maybe) and the fact that you sell NH?? Just curious on your train of thought here. I'd be shopping the best bottom line in this situation.

The same could be said about a Chevy and a GMC, but people will recommend one over the other.

/ NH 5070 Baler vs Case IH SB541 Baler #10  
That doesn't invalidate my question (or answer it, either).

to answer your question on Nh over Case, for one my family had a dairy for years and NH hay equipment was all we ran from a rake to a self proppelled bale wagon and never had any probelms with any of it. we did at least 50,000 squares every summer. Second, Case tried to make there on baler, and when Nh and Case merged, the Case line of hay equipment is being built by Nh so i woudl just personally buy the brand that is producing the other brand. ( like buy a Ford Crown Victoria instead of a Mercury) that is just me. Third yes i do sale them and aroudn here people laugh at buying a Case baler or cutter even though they are the same as NH.