No perfect 24 hp CUT

/ No perfect 24 hp CUT #11  
Well, I understand your point Okie except which 27 horsepower tractor is the perfect tractor /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif and when one finds that there is no perfect 27 horsepower tractor does one embark upon a quest for the perfect 30 horse tractor only to find that there is no perfect 30 horse tractor /forums/images/graemlins/crazy.gif and so then launch into yet another journey for the perfect 34 horse tractor to only to discover that such a beast does not exist /forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gifso once again the tired pilgrim wanders of in search of the perfect 36 horse tractor until, alas, our seeker of the Grail gets eaten by the jabberwhockey /forums/images/graemlins/shocked.gifand the original purpose of the quest has been forgotten /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif. ( I did that with one sentence! /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif)There is no perfect tractor at any size /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif. J

/ No perfect 24 hp CUT #12  
Got to agree with JR on this one. You have to buy the size that you need that is within the budget you have. Looking for "perfection" isn't going to happen and will lead you down a path that results in never getting a tractor! /forums/images/graemlins/crazy.gif I started down that very road. Was up into the 30 hp area before I shook my head and returned to my original needs list and budget. Ended up with what was for me the best in the 24hp arena. Is the B2410 perfect. Nope. I'd change a few things about it. In fact I have! That can be some of the fun of it too!

Good luck.
Kevin

/ No perfect 24 hp CUT #13  
<font color="blue"> Well, I understand your point Okie except which 27 horsepower tractor is the perfect tractor? </font>

That's for Rodney to decide...I don't mean to suggest there is a perfect tractor. I don't think Rodney is suggesting there is either. I believe he is just looking for a tractor with the best mix of features important to him. So far, 24hp is not offering a satisfying mix.

<font color="blue"> There is no perfect tractor at any size </font>

I agree, but that's not the point. And I apologize for my point not being more clear.

<font color="blue"> Well, the original poster prefers the small frame as do I so really the choice is which 24 horse unit and not should he get a bigger unit.
</font>

"Small frame = ", may have more answers than 24hp.

I have a 24hp tractor (JD 855). The next "size" up from mine was the 955 (33hp). Both share the same frame and body parts. They are the same length and height. The 955 has a wider stance (longer axles), more power, and stronger hydraulics, but sizewise, the two are essentially the same, despite the difference in hp.

My point is that a couple hp may well translate into negligible wieght/size difference, but may offer a better combination of the features that Rodney is looking for. I'd venture to say that current 24hp tractors of different brands are not all the same size or weight. In fact, I don't think the big 3 even rate their hp the same way...so why fixate?

Please take my comments as friendly and as offered for consideration or rejection, as you prefer. /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

OkieG

/ No perfect 24 hp CUT #14  
Perfect is not a definable asset: it is merly a state of mind that follows no know guideliness.
Egon

/ No perfect 24 hp CUT #15  
Egon,
I knew I could count on you for a little esoteric (comic) relief! /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

OkieG

/ No perfect 24 hp CUT #16  
The perfect tractor.
Twentyfour horse power is
Maybe not for all.

/ No perfect 24 hp CUT #17  
OKIEG: then we get into "no perfect 27hp" guess it comes down to the fact , there is no perfect machine! /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif at times u will wish u had one larger, then smaller, then with different tires etc. etc. pick the one u like best for 90% of your uses, is my advice.

/ No perfect 24 hp CUT #18  
"Please take my comments as friendly and as offered for consideration or rejection, as you prefer."

No fear Okie dude, we all just talking, no offense is being taken by me, thanks /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif. J

/ No perfect 24 hp CUT #19  
Trescrow,

I am a new subscriber to this site, and find it full of valuable information. At this time, I am in the process of narrowing down my tractor choices - TC30, B7800, and JD790. I like the MMM option for manuevering around trees and landscape areas. My questions is...what is meant by a ground contact MMM? You mentioned needing to get used to it, what do you mean by that?

Thanks.
Nokesville

/ No perfect 24 hp CUT #20  
Nokesville,

If you are going to do a lot of mowing especially around trees and things you might want to look at Supersteer. I am not sure if it is available on the new TC30 but is available on the TC29D. I have it and I love it for mowing. You can make a lot sharper turns with it. The thing I also don't know is how the TC30 is priced compared to the TC29D? Something you may want to just check out. I think the superstteer adds about a grand to the price of the tractor.

Murph