Price Check Good price for JD 4400?

/ Good price for JD 4400? #1  

stewco422

Tractor
jd 4400
My father-in-law owns a 2000 JD 4400 with 410 hours on it. It has a 420 loader attatched to it. It is gear driven, not hydro. He can no longer use his tractor due to health reasons and wants to sell it. He loves his tractor (washes it after every use) and hates to stop using it, but knows he can't use it anymore. He lives in Arkansas and I live in SC. He and Mom are moving here in a couple of months. I am trying to find out what a good asking price would be. JD dealer says trade in is around $6700 and high retail is around $8900 for just the tractor, then add about $1200 for the loader. The low hours and like-new condition says to me it's worth 'high-end' but I have no idea. It also has a Howse #500 bush hog attatched to it that is in the same condition. I've been told that these size tractors are 'hot' right now. Is this tractor worth more in SC instead of Ark? Any help would be greatly appreciated. If I found a buyer (at the right price) delivery could be an option when I bring some of thier stuff here in Nov.

/ Good price for JD 4400? #2  
id say that tractor is worth $12,000,because from what you say its like new an been well cared for.

/ Good price for JD 4400?
I've been looking around on the net and see several at dealers in the $14,000+ range in poorer condition. Obviously, I'd like to get as much as I can for it, but don't need to wait forever for the highest bidder. I think the original price they paid for it several years ago was about $12,000.

/ Good price for JD 4400? #4  
I can't say if the tractor is worth more in SC than AR, but shipping costs would likely wipe out any potential added profit.

I have a 4400 with the reverser transmission. It had 800 hours when I bought it and is in excellent condition. I paid $13500 in May or June 2010.

So, I'd ask $15K OBO and see how you do. Expect somewhere between $10K and $12K.

As far as the rotary cutter...well, used implements don't have much resale value (except PTO chippers, in my experience), so don't expect too much for the cutter. And, Howse isn't a high end brand.

BTW, definitely post the tractor and cutter in TBN's Private Party Ads. Suggest you post pics too.

Last edited: