New guy with a question

/ New guy with a question #1  

B King

I found this website surfing.

I am looking at taking in trade a 1998 Cub Cadet rider 2150 series for a snowmobile. Not sure of the deck size? It comes with a 15HP koehler motor.

Can someone give me an idea of what a fair value of this is? It appears to be in average shape.

/ New guy with a question #2  
Welcome to TBN. :)

/ New guy with a question #3  
Hello & WELCOME to TBN!

I moved your thread to the Buying/Pricing/Comparisons Forum. :)

/ New guy with a question #4  
I found this website surfing.

I am looking at taking in trade a 1998 Cub Cadet rider 2150 series for a snowmobile. Not sure of the deck size? It comes with a 15HP koehler motor.

Can someone give me an idea of what a fair value of this is? It appears to be in average shape.
It looks like it might be the 'half hydro-half gear' like I had on my old 2160.

Be forewarned............the clutch in that machine is about the size of a 50 cent piece with a hole in the center. It will work fine as long as you do not feather the pedal.........it is NOT a full hydrostatic.

The transaxle must be disassembled to replace the clutch, very expensive.

Also be sure to check the 'starter gear' and the flywheel............. If it has the 'plastic starter gear, and the aluminum flywheel.............run away as fast as you can!!!!! Neither are available any longer, it must be changed to a 'steel flywheel, and brass starter gear'.............

/ New guy with a question #5  
Welcome B King!

I believe mower deck is a 42 or a 46". As Don said, it's not a true hydro.

I would "guesstimate" it's value between 500-800, don't currently have access to my blue book.

good luck!

/ New guy with a question
Thanks for the feed back. The item I have to trade I value at $900 on the top end. I am still not sure I will do it. I have seen a few cheaper riders with exactly what I want on it.