Belated Thanks to TBN Members

/ Belated Thanks to TBN Members #1  

Anonymous Poster

I had been lurking on this board since December 2002 while trying to decide on which tractor to purchase in
order to maintain 67 acres that had been timbered about 2 1/2 - 3 years ago. Using the wealth of
information here, I was looking at the Kubota L3430 Cab tractor,which I determined was to small for the
work I wanted to do. I then looked at the L4330 Cab tractor and if one had been available at the time, I
would own it at the time of this writing. But, sometimes things have a way of working out for the best, and
I now believe that has happened to me.

One weekend while driving by all of the local tractor dealers so my son (26 months) could briefly test drive
each tractor on the lot,/forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif I saw a Massey Ferguson 4225 tractor with the high visibility hood. Now I
know that it is not a compact and it is not as maneuverable as a compact, but it has 65HP and the view
over the hood to the FEL is better (to me) than a L5030 cab tractor that I test drove. But the final deciding
factor for me had more to do with my son. In the Kubota, there is ample room for the operator, but not
anyone else.

Holding my son on my lap while operating the tractor, while not very safe in the first place, definitely slows
down any work to be done. The 4225 has a spacious cab and most important, something called an instructors seat available for my sons comfort. While he sits comfortably in his own seat, I can concentrate on driving/forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif.

Once it is installed, he can "Ride Tractor" while safely belted in his own seat!/forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif Since I began my tractor
search, my wife and I agreed that because of his huge enthusiasm for tractors, we would only consider
purchasing a Cab Tractor. I now have a tractor that will do everything I need and more and my son can
ride in "HIS Big Red tractor" happily and safely.

I would like to extend my thanks to all of the TBN members who (without knowing it until now) normally
answered my questions each day of my search without me even having to ask (huge amount of info here)

These tractors New (now the 4325) are $42500.00 with a Cab and FEL which was way over my budget, however an internet search turned up several with low hours. The one I purchased now has 397 hours and is a 1998 model. It was well maintained and hardly used. All of the paint was great and the tractor was rated a 9 by the inspector. I ended paying $1000.00 more for this tractor than the best price I had for the L4330 Kubota.

If anyone would like to see a picture, I posted a couple in the Massey Ferguson discussion.

Thanks Again

/ Belated Thanks to TBN Members #3  
Nailerguy,
Got yourself a nice rig. Really impressed with the consideration given regarding your son (and safety). Sounds like you are in for some quality time with the little one.