Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345
    Tractor
    Deere 110tlb, 4520, x749, L130

Default Re: 1990 Ford 555C Backhoe - Should I buy?

Quote Originally Posted by MartianTractorMan View Post
    I also found another Case, a 1994 590 Turbo. Real close to me which is another huge plus. You can look in the cab and see it is the Case controls... which is really disappointing. Anyone think its worth the shot? How long does it take to adjust?

Just make sure that whatever you get is the best unit you can find for your budget. With a little seat time you can learn to use 2 or 4 stick controls and I suspect you would enjoy the learning curve. Again, put your focus on the machine condition.

Silver Member
    Tractor
    Ford 3600, diesel, Ford 755 TLB

I wouldn't let 4 stick controls be a deal-breaker. You'll get used to them pretty quick. Also, I've seen guys (search the net) convert them to 2 stick controls. It doesn't look real difficult if you're handy with tools.

Elite Member
    Tractor
    Deere

Quote Originally Posted by jml755 View Post
    I wouldn't let 4 stick controls be a deal-breaker. You'll get used to them pretty quick. Also, I've seen guys (search the net) convert them to 2 stick controls. It doesn't look real difficult if you're handy with tools.
    Yea, E-Mailed the dealer and he sold the backhoe to the guy that had rented it yesterday. Was thinking to myself was he ever going to tell me or was I going to wait forever for him to E-Mail me back.

Thinking of calling a guy that I've found on Craigslist with a 4 Stick controls.

And yes I saw one of those conversion things a year or so again but now I'm searching 4 stick to 2 stick conversion and I get results of sticks of butter so I don't know what to search. But I did see those before and I would think of doing that if after a while I wanted to switch.

Tractor
    Deere 110tlb, 4520, x749, L130

Quote Originally Posted by MartianTractorMan View Post
    Yea, E-Mailed the dealer and he sold the backhoe to the guy that had rented it yesterday.

Renting one for a week is a good way to try one out before you buy. Gives you a chance to operate it check the oil and fluids and put it through its paces. Sounds like this guy rented it, liked it and bought it.

Tractor
    JD 4120, 400x loader, bucket, bale spear, pallet forks, grapple

I've been keeping up with your thread.

I assume everything is still pretty green / underbrush and what not. I'd wait until this fall, early winter and take a day and just walk the whole thing. 12.5 acres you can walk every bit in a short time.
    Take a pad and sketch it out as you go. Figure out where you want your path and then see what you need.
    Is it underbrush and sapplings that need clearing or large mature trees or some of both?

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345