Default Considering Ventrac-need advice

I have a horse farm with about 20 acres of pasture. About half is not steep and slightly rolling.

Half makes me shake.

In the past I have had full time experience help handle the mowing with a JD 4300 or a Mahindra 2615

Now that I will be doing the mowing, I need a tractor that doesn't make me sweat.

I demo-ed a Ventrac today and loved the machine. It had the slope indicator and I was very comfortable on slopes of 20-25 degrees. The person that brought the tractor offered great service-was patient and took as much time as I needed to understand the product.

In other words it passed the sweat test!

I plan to sell the John Deere (as well as a vintage type JD I have) and will keep the Mahindra for 'tractor style work' so I dod not have to buy an entirely new set of attachments.

The Ventrac will be used for mowing.

Now that you have the background...my questions or concerns:

1. Is there any other machine comparable to the ventrac made by JD or kubota that would pass the sweat test?

2. I would be buying from a local dealer, so, as long as they remain in business I should not have a service issue. However it is not close-maybe an hour drive with traffic. Is service an issue on Ventracs? I am not machine or tractor savvy so am not in a position to service myself. I do have a local man than services the tractors I currently own.

3. I have made calls to several JD and Kubota dealers asking for a comparable product (preferably less expensive) and not one single place had even heard of ventrac! Could this be? Or is it just because they do not have a comparable product so are redirecting my thinking?

4. Is there any negatives you can offer on the ventrac? Any concerns I should consider?

I am looking at the 4226D

Thank you for any help and thoughts you can offer.

Tractor
    Power Trac PT425 2001 Model Year

Default Re: Considering Ventrac-need advice

You may also want to post some questions in the Ventrac forum here on TBN.

Ventrac - TractorByNet.com

MossRoad

Click On My Little Tractor
    To See Pictures And Videos
    Of It In Action!!!

Default Re: Considering Ventrac-need advice

OH I didn't see that forum! Thank you and my apologies for the wrong location.

I will copy my post there.