Reasonable price for New Holland TC30

/ Reasonable price for New Holland TC30 #1  

RoMad

Platinum Member
Tractor
Kubota L3710
I have a Kioti CK 20 and like it very much but would like a little bigger tractor. Yesterday my wife and I were at a garage sale and the people had a New Holland TC30 sitting behind the house. I asked about it and the guy said he was going to be selling it soon. He said he bought it new 7 or 8 years ago with a FEL, 6' Woods finish mower and a rake. (I didn't see the rake).
He let me start it and listen to the motor and I also ran the FEL up and down a little. I asked him what he wanted for it and he said he didn't know. He said he paid $14,000 for it when he bought it. It has 495 hours on it.
I looked on Tractor house and they seem to be pretty high on there, but so does everything else I look at. An example, my dealer has a brand new Kioti CK30 Hydro for $13,500 and I see used ones on Tractor house for that much.
I left my number with the guy and he said he will do a little research and call me.
So, a couple of questions. 1. What is a reasonable price for me to counter with or offer him. 2. Is this a good tractor? How would it rank against a Kioti CK30?
I don't know much about tractors, but I do know that I like my Kioti.
attachment.php

Attachments

• IMG-20110903-00136.jpg
    IMG-20110903-00136.jpg
    84.8 KB · Views: 11,455
  • IMG-20110903-00137.jpg
    IMG-20110903-00137.jpg
    94.7 KB · Views: 605
   / Reasonable price for New Holland TC30 #2  
I don't know much about tractors, either. I have been a nut about them for about 2 years...which translates to, I don't know much about tractors.

That said, if that was my tractor, I would try to get $11,500 for the tractor and mower. IF everything was in working order.

Watch for other replies as this one might get shot up and shot down....:D

/ Reasonable price for New Holland TC30 #3  
I would first offer $8.5k to $9k and go no higher than $10k or $10.5k if it is HST. That said, make sure you drive the tractor with the mower attached to the PTO and see that the PTO and mower operate properly along with the hydraulic lift (3PH). Also make sure the clutch is good and has some adjustment left. If there are any problems, with the mower, drop your offer by $500 and if there is a problem with the PTO or clutch, drop the offer by $1500 because the tractor may/will have to be split to do repairs. Check all fluids, radiator condition, hose condition, and leaks. Remind the owner that this tractor has no warranty as it had when he bought it new. The TC30 is an economy tractor. It's missing some "bells and whistles" of the deluxe models, but that may actually be a good thing because it is simple to maintain.

/ Reasonable price for New Holland TC30 #4  
that tractor is clean an low hours,so id say $9500 to $10,000.but id wait an see what his price is.his price maybe in that ballpark who knows.

/ Reasonable price for New Holland TC30 #5  
You didn't mention whether it's two or four wheel drive. Looking at the front tires, they are either worn or it's possibly two wheel drive. That alone would make me look elsewhere.

/ Reasonable price for New Holland TC30
It is four wheel drive. I have decided to pass on this one, so I told a friend of mine at work who is looking for a tractor.
I use my tractor at my rental property and really need to wait until next year to buy one for tax purposes. I already have a good write off for this year due to some remodeling.