Buying Advice Buying my first tractor

/ Buying my first tractor #1  

JHumphreys

Tractor
Looking at a MF 1540
I've been looking at tractors for a while now, have gathered some quotes and would like some opinions on these tractors and prices. All the prices are with the same comparable implements- loader w/ skid steer quick connect, backhoe, 5' bush hog, 6' box blade, and 6' tiller. And the tractors are all 4x4 with shuttle shift.
1) Massey ferguson 1540 $32,436 (tax included)
2) Bobcat ct445 $38,422.88 (tax included)
3) Mahindra 4035 $36,908
4) Kubota L3940 grand $37,514.78
I'm leaning toward the Massey because of price and dealership. They seem the friendliest, have been around my area the longest, and they are the closest. Please help guys. This will be my first tractor and it needs to last a long time. Thanks for any advice.

/ Buying my first tractor #2  
If you seem happiest with the M-F and the dealer, then that's the one to buy.
It also happens to be the cheapest by over $4000.

However, check out TBN's Massey forum...see if there's any inherent problems with the 1540.

/ Buying my first tractor #3  
I've been looking at tractors for a while now, have gathered some quotes and would like some opinions on these tractors and prices. All the prices are with the same comparable implements- loader w/ skid steer quick connect, backhoe, 5' bush hog, 6' box blade, and 6' tiller. And the tractors are all 4x4 with shuttle shift.
1) Massey ferguson 1540 $32,436 (tax included)
2) Bobcat ct445 $38,422.88 (tax included)
3) Mahindra 4035 $36,908
4) Kubota L3940 grand $37,514.78
I'm leaning toward the Massey because of price and dealership. They seem the friendliest, have been around my area the longest, and they are the closest. Please help guys. This will be my first tractor and it needs to last a long time. Thanks for any advice.

I'm surprised at Bobcat coming in the highest.:confused: We have a Bobcat dealer in our area who seemed to be quoting better prices than the competition. I didn't get into serious negotiations with them, however. I went the used route. Maybe it's a difference in how the dealers are pricing.

I liked the Massey Fergusons myself. I second Roy's advice, though. Check the forums. I remember that there have been issues with some of the MF's, but perhaps no more than other brands.

/ Buying my first tractor #4  
Good advice here from Roy and Dennis.

Barring any defects with the Massey....all signs point to it. Price and dealer check out therefore, you are on the right track.:thumbsup: