Almost a year long search, over.

/ Almost a year long search, over. #1  

rockyridgefarm

Elite Member
Tractor
Yanmar YT347
Well, thanks to everyone for your input here. I have finally settled on a tractor and it’s on its way. It is a John Deere 4310, HST MFWD. It has R4’s, 430 Loader and 47 Backhoe.

What an interesting journey.

I found this board looking for info on my Yanmar 186D. Tremendous help,. There… But my little tractor could not keep up with the demands of the place, so I have been getting smarter, as I got ready.

Our background is in Kubota, my father outlaw was one of their early dealers, and it was the obvious starting place. I wouldn’t even have looked anywhere else; they are wonderful machines, from a great company. But we deal with a New Holland dealer that really is awesome, so I checked them out. And even though I “knew” Green was “way overpriced”; I checked them, as well.

I took my wife to test drive when everything came down to it. We came to the Deere dealer first, end everything was better than we hoped. We went to the Blue dealer next, for comparison, and there was none, as far as she was concerned. For all their ergonomics, the Boomer wouldn’t do it for us… (I’m sure that it is just the opposite for the next guy…) She will use the tractor quite a bit, and knows what works for her. The Blue tractors are awesome, but didn’t fit us…

Why not Kubota? I guess they didn’t inspire us as well as the Deere did. Once I got my winning bid on the Deere, it seemed like I’d pay more for less with good ole’ orange. Maybe after some of the new wears off, they’ll come down. And, its funny, but some of the reasons I hear folks shy away from Deere, were pluses in my eyes. I LIKE plastic. I LOVE the electronic controls. I think it’s great that they buy engines from Yanmar. I even like green and “puffy yellow seats” /forums/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

I have to admit; I was smitten by eHydro from the start. LoadMatch is awesome… /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gifAnd the Yanmar engine is a real asset to any Yanmar owner. (Those others are nice, I know. But I love my Yanmar)

John Deere literature tried to get me into the 4410, but TBNers saved the day! I would have paid more for what I didn’t really need. I kept worrying that there really could be some magic boosting the torque on the 4410; but only in the copy shop. THANKS FOLKS!

I am often surprised by folks that go a long way to save a few hundred, or a thousand. But I ended up at a dealer across state lines. (They are the same distance away as my “local” dealer…) Their initial quote was well over $3000.00 lower, and it turns out they have a great reputation. The tax savings are a real plus, too. Seeing the range of prices on deals at TBN prompted me to check around. I never expected that much of a savings...

There is lots of great input from every direction on this forum. Each brand had its pluses. Each poster has their preference. I get to figure out, even though this feature isn’t as good as that one, it is good enough for what I need. TBN helped me be a far better educated buyer for MY needs. Thank you. And please understand that what is “Perfect” for me might be terrible for someone else. There are plenty of great choices out there…

Thanx TBN!

(Don’t worry, pictures will follow when the tractor hits the dirt…) /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

/ Almost a year long search, over. #2  
Way to go! Congratulations! It sounds like a GREAT match.

Now comes the HARDEST part - waiting /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Mark

/ Almost a year long search, over. #3  
I too, did an exhaustive amount of research when comparing. I had no ties to any dealer or brand. I ended up with the same tractor. Exactly. The brochure did however mislead me about the 4410's engine displacement. It said it was the same as 4310. However, I prefered the price on my tractor.
Kyle

/ Almost a year long search, over. #4  
I can just picture me asking my wife to help with the decision in purchasing a tractor. "I like the pretty green one or maybe the pretty blue one." But honey, what about the loader, you know, rollback angles, lift height, how about the 3 pt hitch lift capacity. No, she would definitely not know about the important stuff. She would however enjoy anything I decided on. The HST will certainly benefit those unfamiliar with tractors operate it very easily right out of the gate. I hope its all you expect and want. Rat...

/ Almost a year long search, over. #5  
Mike,
Congratulations and welcome to the "Green" family... as an owner of a 4310 for almost 1 year now I am confident you will be very pleased with your decision. I to took over 1 year to make the decision... looked at all three colors, decided JD was the best value and lucked out having the best dealer (price and quality wise)being the closest (KC Canary in Fultonville NY)
I look forward to seeing the pictures and comparing notes with you in the future! /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif

/ Almost a year long search, over.
THANK YOU! Of course, you and other posters helped me a lot in making my decision!