Fordson Power Major?

/ Fordson Power Major? #1  

Bamaram

Bronze Member
Tractor
Ford 4000
Anyone have any experience with a Fordson Power Major? I've about settled on this tractor, but I can't make my mind up. Will regular Ford parts work on the Fordson?

/ Fordson Power Major? #2  
My uncle owned a Fordson Major in the 60's and I operated it quite often. As i recall the tractor had a two stage clutch (live power), no power steering, cat. 2 live hydraulics and the pto wasn't standard size so an adapter had to be used. The tractor pulled a 3 disk plow and 9 foot disk. The tractor served them well however the steering was very hard without power steering. He traded it in 1973 for a 1200 David Brown. I am not sure about parts however there were very few in middle TN.

/ Fordson Power Major? #3  
not alot of crossover to a major from regular ford parts. if you are in the uk.. no issues. if here, and need parts.. boat.. :)

/ Fordson Power Major? #4  
Power major is not live (super major is) Not the best PTO tractors in the world either as although 540rpm they hit that speed at not much more than idle and at working engine rpm are more like 700 PTO rpm . As said if your in the UK no problem but here parts are a bit scarce now . Saying that i still have 3 of them :)