Ford 3000

/ Ford 3000 #2  
Have a 73 model love it

/ Ford 3000 #3  
I have a old one that I think my grandad bought in the 60's. It has almost 7000 hrs on it and runs like a champ. Not pretty, but it works every time.

/ Ford 3000 #4  
good tractor? any gotchas?

Gas or diesel?

I bought a new '73 gasser and had it around until 6 years ago. Flat wore out the front axle/steering with a manure loader on the tractor. Only real complaint I had was it tended to be the most cold natured gas engine I was ever around. I sold it and bought a low houred diesel 3000 to take the place of the gasser. Much better starter in cold weather in spite of being a diesel. Sold it 3 years ago when I bought a loader for a larger tractor I had.

/ Ford 3000 #5  
Good point. Mine is a diesel (as tractors should be). The only two tractors I have mechanical trouble with on a regular basis are old gas farmall 140's.

/ Ford 3000 #6  
Very popular in my neck of the woods. Good size tractor. Seem to be reliable and easy to work on. I too would recommend diesel and add power steering to things to look for. We run an 1970 something Ford 4000. Has around 5400 hours on it and still pulls strong. Very dependable.

/ Ford 3000 #7  
I have had two Ford tractors, a 2000 gas with a lot of hours when I bought and even more when I sold it. It was a good tractor. I later bought an old Ford 4000 diesel with select-o-speed. And, even with that problematic transmission it was a good ol' tractor. It had a bushhog loader on it, but was only 2WD, so it was not particularly effective. However, going downhill with a load it made a good brake when you dropped it! I used a 4600 diesel that was a friend's and it was a great tractor.

/ Ford 3000 #8  
I guess the only real gotcha I can think of, was just mentioned in the previous post. STAY AWAY from the select-o-speed.

/ Ford 3000 #9  
If you need remotes or want to run a fel it might not be the best tractor. A slow hydraulic pump and front end design.
Otherwise very good utility tractor.
Avoid the grey models many are hodgepodge of parts. Imported extremely used new front panels decals and painted to look like US sold models.

/ Ford 3000
thanks for the info, it was sold before I got back to 'em. Ever onward.... :)