Buying Advice Looking for advice on a sub compact

/ Looking for advice on a sub compact #1  

Wileyfish

Looking to buy a sub compact tractor.. Have looked at the JD 1 series, like the 1026r but dont think it is worth the extra money, haven't looked at the MF 2410 or 2610 yet but plan to this week. Like the kubota bx25 but think it has some limitations, small backhoe size and not sure if their is really a difference between the single bs double hydraulics. Liked the cub cadet 2450 and can get a great price on a demo model, but other than the cub dealer no one has anything good to say about it, although it seems to spec out the best of them all...

I know people will say the dealer matters, they are all within 30 miles of me, I really liked the cub dealer, the kubota dealer is a friend of a friend, a friend of mine has a JD and likes the dealer, haven't interacted with the Massey dealer yet...

Price is close, although the CC is lore on the demo, the kubota is 1500 more, the JD is about 2200 more and the Massey is prob in the middle....

Would appreciate any input.. The smart money is on the cub cadet, great specs, good price and dealer, and great warranty... Not sure I can justify spending that much more on the JD and don't know slot about the MF yet.

Planning on driving them all in the next week.

/ Looking for advice on a sub compact #2  
I'm enjoying my SC2400 I haven't had any issues. Gets the job done.

/ Looking for advice on a sub compact #3  
All I can say is i have been very happy with my Kubota BX2360 ( about to upgrade to a BX25) as well as my Kubota ZD1800 mower. Good quality and a great dealer.

/ Looking for advice on a sub compact #4  
Hiya,

I'm not all the up on the CC models so I checked the site. The 2450 your looking at is at the top of the model line in the sub-cut class.

Many people find greater value by going to the next larger series and looking at the first model there. You will get the benefit of a larger chassis, bigger tires, larger operator station, higher capacity and heavier duty components for not all that much more in most cases.

Another point to consider is that there are many posts on this site of people being sorry they bought too small of a tractor, however there are far fewer saying they bought too big.

My 2 cents,

Tom

/ Looking for advice on a sub compact #5  
I seen a 2450 at the dealer, an i think it was alot heavyer duty then the massey 2410. The tractors where side by side. That would be my choice.:thumbsup:

/ Looking for advice on a sub compact #6  
The Mitsubishi made Mahindra Sub-Compacts will be out before spring.

/ Looking for advice on a sub compact #8  
We all look at the cost of things, but we often make the mistake of lookinng only at the initial price, and not the cost of ownership. Though our intentions are usually to keep something forever, it seldom works out that way. One of my sons is doing more of the cooking around his place lately, and I aked him about it. He said that they bought a really nice set of knives, and he enjoys using the wonderful tools so much that it motivates him to cook. There is something to be said for that, and we should consider that in a purchase as meaningful as a tractor. Most brands are well made thise days, but they all have their own feel, and strong points. Like that perfectly balanced, and very sharp knife, we should use the tools that make us feel the best. In the end, that will matter more than money saved, price, or even dealership to a large extent since the character of a dealership can change almost overnight with changes in ownership, or the folks that make things tick.

/ Looking for advice on a sub compact #9  
We all look at the cost of things, but we often make the mistake of lookinng only at the initial price, and not the cost of ownership. Though our intentions are usually to keep something forever, it seldom works out that way. One of my sons is doing more of the cooking around his place lately, and I aked him about it. He said that they bought a really nice set of knives, and he enjoys using the wonderful tools so much that it motivates him to cook. There is something to be said for that, and we should consider that in a purchase as meaningful as a tractor. Most brands are well made thise days, but they all have their own feel, and strong points. Like that perfectly balanced, and very sharp knife, we should use the tools that make us feel the best. In the end, that will matter more than money saved, price, or even dealership to a large extent since the character of a dealership can change almost overnight with changes in ownership, or the folks that make things tick.

:thumbsup::thumbsup:

/ Looking for advice on a sub compact #10  

Very good post Chuck.:thumbsup: