Background/history search for tractors????

/ Background/history search for tractors???? #1  

Anonymous Poster

Is is possible to do a background check on a tractor using a serial number??? Is there any website I can look at or anyone know somwhere I can call?
Thanks,
Tracy

/ Background/history search for tractors???? #2  
I think New Holland can do such a thing for the warranty period. A local dealer was able to tell me that a backhoe cracked a 2 year old TC45D in half and was repaired under warranty.
Mark

/ Background/history search for tractors???? #3  
Should be the same with any major brand, especially if they also sell service contracts.

/ Background/history search for tractors???? #4  
i wouldnt put too much trust into a report on a tractor, while it would be good to check i wouldnt take a clean record to mean it never had a problem since alot of tractors are repaired by there users as opposed to a dealer or shop,also with cars if it is totaled,junked etc, then it is reported to the state and has to reinspect it and all, wheras a tractor could get totalled and be repaired and never have a trace of paperwork to show it since if it happened on private property there wouldnt even be an accident report

/ Background/history search for tractors???? #5  
tplee, as stated major manuf. keep track under warranty,or service contracts,or if they do the repairs. If you do any major repairs I don't of any way it is kept track of.