Default Background/history search for tractors????

Is is possible to do a background check on a tractor using a serial number??? Is there any website I can look at or anyone know somwhere I can call?
    Thanks,
    Tracy

Tractor
    2001 New Holland TC40D w/16LA loader

Default Re: Background/history search for tractors????

I think New Holland can do such a thing for the warranty period. A local dealer was able to tell me that a backhoe cracked a 2 year old TC45D in half and was repaired under warranty.
    Mark

Tractor
    Deere 4310 HST MFWD

Should be the same with any major brand, especially if they also sell service contracts.

Platinum Member
    Tractor
    gradall g3r excavator, kawasaki mule 2500,ford 8000,and a 1936 caterpillar road grader

i wouldnt put too much trust into a report on a tractor, while it would be good to check i wouldnt take a clean record to mean it never had a problem since alot of tractors are repaired by there users as opposed to a dealer or shop,also with cars if it is totaled,junked etc, then it is reported to the state and has to reinspect it and all, wheras a tractor could get totalled and be repaired and never have a trace of paperwork to show it since if it happened on private property there wouldnt even be an accident report

Bronze Member
    Tractor
    JD 4400 w/R-1 & R-3

tplee, as stated major manuf. keep track under warranty,or service contracts,or if they do the repairs. If you do any major repairs I don't of any way it is kept track of.