Allis Chalmers B

/ Allis Chalmers B #1  

Anonymous Poster

Just looking for some last minute input on these tractors. Probably last one I look at before I go and do the garden tractor thing. Comes with a 60 inch mower for $2600. Thats all I know right now. And I dont think anyone will be home when I go to look at it.

I will be mowing 3.5 acreas or so, and hopefully snow removal in the winter with it. Along with a small trailer for horse manure removal.

Thanks
Ken H.

/ Allis Chalmers B #2  
Hi Ken,

The Allis Chalmbers tractors are really nice. My granddad had one that is still being used by his church to mow the lawn there (he donated it to them right before he passed). I would love to have it, but...

Anyway, it is a good tractor. As long as it runs and such it might be a great choice for your needs...Chris

/ Allis Chalmers B #3  
Ken - The AC "B" was one of the tractors I looked at when I was shopping. Never found the right one for the right price and with the right implements. If it is in excellent shape, then the price sounds reasonable. Anything less than excellent, then I think the price may be a little high. Not sure of the availability of a blade for the "B." You may be looking at some sleuthing to find one if it's not with the tractor. When I first mentioned the Cub you added the 3pt to your wish list, I think the "B" is the same case as the Cub. No 3pt standard but aftermarket may be available. Make sure the tractor has hydraulics. If I recall, some of the "B's" I looked at did not have hydraulics. I'm sure there are others who are much more familiar with the "B" than I am.

With these older tractors, the more implements you get with the tractor the better. When I bought my first Cub, it came with a front blade, land plow, and disc harrow. Over the years I've tracked down a number of other implements and the Cub has become quite a little workhorse for me. Chuck

/ Allis Chalmers B #4  
Ken, the AC B was made from 1938 - 1957. It has 21.17 horsepower at the pto. As Chuck said the only real negative about it is it didn't have a three point hitch, but there are kits to convert to a 3ph. One good thing is that it has a live pto.

If you don't convert it to a 3ph, it will be very difficult to find implements for it.

/ Allis Chalmers B #5  
247199-Allis%20Chalmers%20B%20with%20mower-small.jpg

<font color="blue"> Comes with a 60 inch mower for $2600... </font>

Allis Chalmers B with 60" mower...

Attachments

• 247199-Allis Chalmers B with mower-small.jpg
    247199-Allis Chalmers B with mower-small.jpg
    94.1 KB · Views: 3,946
   / Allis Chalmers B #6  
<font color="orange">Try http://www.allischalmers.com and drill down to that site's discussion page to post your question. Lots of good information and the usual sort of opinions as here on TBN but the focus there is entirely on Allis Chalmers tractors. </font>

/ Allis Chalmers B
Well, it had a Woods mower on it. Normal belly kind. But, it wasnt in the best of shape. So, I think I will pass on it. And not 3 point and no hydraulics either. If it was in better shape I would have bought it. Maybe for $1600. I will keep looking.

Ken H.

</font><font color="blue" class="small">(
<font color="blue"> Comes with a 60 inch mower for $2600... </font>

Allis Chalmers B with 60" mower... )</font>

/ Allis Chalmers B #8  
Hi Ken...

What happened from that other post of the TBN member with a Ford and loader for under $2k?

Did anything become of that? (take a trip this weekend and buy that if you can!) /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

/ Allis Chalmers B
Just got his phione number. I am going to call in a little while. Dont know if he sleeps in or not. /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Ken H.

</font><font color="blue" class="small">( Hi Ken...

What happened from that other post of the TBN member with a Ford and loader for under $2k?

Did anything become of that? (take a trip this weekend and buy that if you can!) /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif )</font>