Here is what I am looking at this weekend...

Status
Not open for further replies.
   / Here is what I am looking at this weekend... #1  

Anonymous Poster

Close to home... Not positive on price yet though. I think just under $2000. So, doesnt sound too bad. No mower, and it has the real close togethter front wheels.

-1951 Farmall H tractor in very good mechanical condition. This tractor runs excellent (engine was rebuilt 7 years ago), great oil pressure/no smoke. The hydraulics, clutch, brakes, PTO, Belt Pulley, Lights and 6 volt charging system also are good condition. The sheet metal is nice and straight, the conical seat spring was damaged on the tractor and will need replacement. The tires are in fair to good condition, one rear is newer than the other. There also is a front mounted cultivator (missing a few cultivator shanks) that we didn't use that goes with the tractor.

Then antoher place that is getting rid of all sorts of stuff.
-1958 International Cub with 5' mower $2000
-1939 John Deere -B- with 2 row cultivator $1500
-1948 Leader Model D $1550
-International Super C $1850
-1941 International H $1200
-1946 International H -restored- $1800
-1926 International 1020 with steel wheels; sheet metal is rough; good
engine. $800
-1946 Avery Model A; new tires; restored; $1750
-1937 International F-20; new tires; restored; $1750
-plus others

So, maybe I will find some luck this weekend. /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif
Anything sound good?

Ken H.

/ Here is what I am looking at this weekend... #2  
I was always kind of scared about narrow front wheel spacing. Kind of tippy.

/ Here is what I am looking at this weekend...
All flat. Completely.

Ken H.

</font><font color="blue" class="small">( I was always kind of scared about narrow front wheel spacing. Kind of tippy. )</font>

/ Here is what I am looking at this weekend... #4  
are u looking to use these tractors or just to collect?some of these were job specific, great for cultivating . depends on what u want it for.

/ Here is what I am looking at this weekend...
Definatley using them. Mowing and driveway snow plowing. And some home utility trailering.

The local one I am going to look at tonight. The other list, I just copied from the e-mail I got. Some of them are of no use to me. Such as the 1929 or whatever one.

Ken H.

</font><font color="blue" class="small">( are u looking to use these tractors or just to collect?some of these were job specific, great for cultivating . depends on what u want it for. )</font>

/ Here is what I am looking at this weekend... #6  
Ken - Imagine that.......a Cub for $2000 /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif. If the Cub turns out to be promising, go to Farmall Cub to get opinions and caveats on the Cub.

I would pass on the "H" for your purposes. It is a large(r) tractor and there are much better choices(IMHO) for the type of tasks you've indicated you need to accomplish. Chuck

/ Here is what I am looking at this weekend... #7  
<font color="blue"> All flat. Completely. </font>
'Tippy' also applies to stability when turning.

/ Here is what I am looking at this weekend... #8  
I'd have to agree with Worksmart. Go for the Cub if it is in good shape.

Status
Not open for further replies.