Comparison Kubota L45 or JD 110

/ Kubota L45 or JD 110 #11  
if your considering one, it has better be cheap. Resale value on tractors takes a quick hit when somthing is discontinued.

I understand what you are saying, but look what happened to all those crappy discontinued 4020's....

/ Kubota L45 or JD 110 #12  
jenkinsph said:
I like the size of the M59 too, seems like a nice machine but simply put it is larger than a 110tlb or L45. I like the fact that it is capable of moving a full pallet of paver stones or retaining wall block that neither the L45 or 110tlb can move safely. Yet there are lots of times the compact L45 and 110tlb can get into places the M59 simply won't fit. So everyone has to choose the size machine that works best for their needs.

As far as differences between the 110tlb and L45 they are miniscule and I don't think one will necessarily out perform the other. You mentioned the L45 will out lift the 110tlb (by about 150 lbs) which is true but the reach is sacrificed to accomplish this so when loading a dump truck you have to get alot closer to it. The L45 is just under 7200 lbs and the 110tlb is 7600 lbs both with loader and backhoe so I don't see how either one is going to beat the other digging enough to write home about.

All three of these machines are very good models that are well designed for use as a tractor loader with 3PH or backhoe, the hydraulic system setups are much better than the tractors of similar size in both brands.

If space isn't a huge issue I would go with the L59. Tons of times I wish I had gotten a larger tractor but not many you wish I'd gone smaller. My rule of thumb is to always get one step larger than what you think you need. The slightly larger frame and statute wouldn't hurt any but the power difference would be substantially better. You can do a small job with a big tractor but can't do a big job with a smaller tractor.

/ Kubota L45 or JD 110 #13  
If space isn't a huge issue I would go with the L59. Tons of times I wish I had gotten a larger tractor but not many you wish I'd gone smaller. My rule of thumb is to always get one step larger than what you think you need. The slightly larger frame and statute wouldn't hurt any but the power difference would be substantially better. You can do a small job with a big tractor but can't do a big job with a smaller tractor.

If I was starting from scratch again I would give the nudge to the M59 too. Having the 110 already and being satisfied with it for the most part I don't think I will be upgrading anytime soon.

Chuck58 might want to give this some serious thought though as it depends on what kind of projects you have to do.

/ Kubota L45 or JD 110 #14  
When I was comparing TLB's I test drove the L39 and the 110. Couldn't find a L48 at that time to even consider. Also was interested in the M59 but after a couple of price quotes - I dropped that model from my list...

On paper, the L39 and the 110 were very close. Up front and personal - the 110 was considerably more machine - IMO.

Don't have a good idea of how the newer model, L45 really compares to the L39 or the JD110.

I've had my 110 now for nearly 4 years and just over 930 hours. No major problems or repairs - it's never been in the shop! Biggest complaint I've had is a "chirp" noise from the steering valve. Noisy from the first day off the trailer!

Agree with jenkinsph on the hydraulic options. Get all the hydraulic options or move onto a different model/brand!

I have the hyd thumb and top n tilt for the 3pt hitch. Worth every penny!

AKfish

/ Kubota L45 or JD 110 #15  
a big consideration between the M59 and L45 is trailering requirements. The L45 is okay behind most trucks on a 10k trailer. The M59 can only be pulled with a pickup in some very limited senerios.

/ Kubota L45 or JD 110 #16  
a big consideration between the M59 and L45 is trailering requirements. The L45 is okay behind most trucks on a 10k trailer. The M59 can only be pulled with a pickup in some very limited senerios.

Nothing a 15k Gn trailer on a 3/4-1ton can't handle. If memory serves aren't the M59's in the ballpark of 9k? Aren't the capacitys of the l39 and l45 the same besides hp and hydro tranny?

Matt

/ Kubota L45 or JD 110 #17  
My 110tlb with cab is 8,000 lbs and the M59 is about 8,500 lbs, no problem behind a 3/4 or 1 ton truck. I use an F 550 with a 12k BigTex trailer with no problems, often I am carrying a set of forks and rockbucket which would surpass the weight of the M59.

/ Kubota L45 or JD 110 #18  
I checked out all three when looking to buy in 2008. The L was just a little smaller than the 110 I thought and the M was just a little bigger and higher priced. I found a 110, which I preferred anyway -mainly due to fit and finish and JD rep., which had all the extra hyd. options so I could get the thumb and grapple.

Fully agree that if you can't get a 110 with the extra hydraulics then go with the M as long ad you get them. No use paying that much and not being able to be able to have a thumb and grapple. Especially the thumb.

Really like my 110 and if doing it over again I'd still probably go the same way. But, there are good reasons to always go bigger when given the choice.

/ Kubota L45 or JD 110 #19  
Nothing a 15k Gn trailer on a 3/4-1ton can't handle. If memory serves aren't the M59's in the ballpark of 9k? Aren't the capacitys of the l39 and l45 the same besides hp and hydro tranny?

Matt

maybe just a PA thing, but here you need to have a CDL once your trailer is over 10k.

The 8500lbs for the M59 is low. Till you add all the stuff that typicaly goes on them.. buckets, thumb,fuel, etc.. you'll add another 1000 pretty quick. That bare naked config is one one you can get it on an Alumnium trailer and stay under 10k.

/ Kubota L45 or JD 110 #20  
maybe just a PA thing, but here you need to have a CDL once your trailer is over 10k.

The 8500lbs for the M59 is low. Till you add all the stuff that typicaly goes on them.. buckets, thumb,fuel, etc.. you'll add another 1000 pretty quick. That bare naked config is one one you can get it on an Alumnium trailer and stay under 10k.

Not sure about PA but federally you need over 10k trailer plus and combined over 26k.

Matt:confused2: