Comparison Kubota L45 or JD 110

/ Kubota L45 or JD 110 #1  

Chucks58

Tractor
L45 TLB
Looking at both any input on either tractor, even though JD 110 is discontinued there are some available. Thanks

/ Kubota L45 or JD 110 #2  
Both are good machines. I have test driven the L45 and I could not find anything I didn't like. I personally would be concerned that the 110 is discontinued but it is a Deere so parts shouldn't be a problem. I would say this comes down to price/financing and dealer. There might be more differences between the units I am not aware of as I have never seen the 110 close up.

So for me being an orange guy and haven test driven it, the L45 would be my choice.

/ Kubota L45 or JD 110 #3  
I have used the L45 on a job for a week. I was very impressed with the machine overall. I especially liked the hydrostatic plus tanny. It was very useful being able to shift the high/low on the fly manually or let it do it on it's own depending on what setting you put the tranny in. Lot's of loader power. I will say that the back hoe is functional and works well, but it is slow and weak compared to an excavator of comparable or even smaller size. I think it's just the nature of the beast. Otherwise, awesome little piece of equipment!

/ Kubota L45 or JD 110 #4  
I have been very satisfied with the 110 and have all of the optional hydraulics. I would be less inclined to buy a 110 if it does not have the optional hydraulics and 7 function hoe though as this was available as a factory option and is not available for field installation. I would prefer to have a lightly used unit with all the goodies and extras to a new basic unit.

If you can't find a loaded 110 or you are not interested in a used unit the Kubota would be a better choice. I haven't used any late model Kubota's but would wan't to look at a M59tlb as it seems like a nice unit on paper with better specs than the 110tlb.

All of that said pricing could certainly dictate a compromise with either brand.

/ Kubota L45 or JD 110 #5  
Looking at both any input on either tractor, even though JD 110 is discontinued there are some available. Thanks

if your considering one, it has better be cheap. Resale value on tractors takes a quick hit when somthing is discontinued.

/ Kubota L45 or JD 110 #6  
I have had my L-45 for a little over a year now and have put 240hrs on it. I love that thing it will do a lot for its size. There have been several times when I have been surprised at the power and functionality of it. The hydro Thumb is worth every penny. I just did a brush job with it and grapple that i put on the front and run it with the third function valve. It worked great . It had no problems pushing the brush into piles and then taking a bite at a time and hauling it off. When I first got it, I built a rock wall with it and moved very large flat stones around with ease. Just wanted to let you know I am very happy with mine.

/ Kubota L45 or JD 110 #7  
I have had my L-45 for a little over a year now and have put 240hrs on it. I love that thing it will do a lot for its size. There have been several times when I have been surprised at the power and functionality of it. The hydro Thumb is worth every penny. I just did a brush job with it and grapple that i put on the front and run it with the third function valve. It worked great . It had no problems pushing the brush into piles and then taking a bite at a time and hauling it off. When I first got it, I built a rock wall with it and moved very large flat stones around with ease. Just wanted to let you know I am very happy with mine.

Glad to hear it is working out for you.:thumbsup: Took the time tonight to look at the specs for the L45 looks like a real nice unit and very close copy of the 110tlb specs. Either one of these should be good performers imo.

/ Kubota L45 or JD 110 #8  
I've always been a Deere guy, where my Deere green and yellow hat all the time. Proud to say it is made in America and such but as of late I have a hard time justifying as the new Kubota's are so much cheaper and very well designed. After just breezing through looking at them they definitely look like a great machine. I couldn't tell you anything about them as I try to stay American branded so I can tell you that I really like the 110. Don't like the material they used on the hood though because the paint fades and looks terrible but it is a very good machine. Tons of power, really good dig depth, and you would not be disappointed. If I was buying I would lean towards Deere just because of the American name but especially in this economy the green color is looking more like green money to me.

/ Kubota L45 or JD 110 #9  
I have a l45. If you look at the spec sheet on both the l45 beats the Deere in pretty much every category. It will out lift the deere and it will out dig the Deere. The slightly smaller tires of the l45 are the only thing I don't love. The m59 which I kinda wish I got absolutely demolishes the 110. The m59 is closer to a lower powered 310 rather then a 110.

Attachments

• image-2159142203.jpg
    image-2159142203.jpg
    90.9 KB · Views: 932
   / Kubota L45 or JD 110 #10  
I have a l45. If you look at the spec sheet on both the l45 beats the Deere in pretty much every category. It will out lift the deere and it will out dig the Deere. The slightly smaller tires of the l45 are the only thing I don't love. The m59 which I kinda wish I got absolutely demolishes the 110. The m59 is closer to a lower powered 310 rather then a 110.

I like the size of the M59 too, seems like a nice machine but simply put it is larger than a 110tlb or L45. I like the fact that it is capable of moving a full pallet of paver stones or retaining wall block that neither the L45 or 110tlb can move safely. Yet there are lots of times the compact L45 and 110tlb can get into places the M59 simply won't fit. So everyone has to choose the size machine that works best for their needs.

As far as differences between the 110tlb and L45 they are miniscule and I don't think one will necessarily out perform the other. You mentioned the L45 will out lift the 110tlb (by about 150 lbs) which is true but the reach is sacrificed to accomplish this so when loading a dump truck you have to get alot closer to it. The L45 is just under 7200 lbs and the 110tlb is 7600 lbs both with loader and backhoe so I don't see how either one is going to beat the other digging enough to write home about.

All three of these machines are very good models that are well designed for use as a tractor loader with 3PH or backhoe, the hydraulic system setups are much better than the tractors of similar size in both brands.