Kubota B26 TLB

/ Kubota B26 TLB #1  

raintree

Tractor
Kubota's b2150,b6200,
Good evening, I have found a good as New B26 with about 180 hours on it that has been kept inside 95% of it's life and the price isabout $9500 less than it cost new 3 years ago. I live in South Texas Hill country with lots of rock and ceders to take out. I really kind of wanted a larger HP tractor since I have a B2150 @ 24 hp now but with out the backhoe. The B26 is 26 hp but the size of the unit will fit right into my lean-to and the next size up wouldn't fit. The B26 loader is a lot stouter than mu B2150 also that will take more abuse with the rocks that I have down here.
Have not brought the B2150 down here yet and wonder if the B26 is going to be tough enough.
With this price that would be $13,400 less than a new one don't see where I could go wrong.
Any Thoughts

Thanks

/ Kubota B26 TLB #2  
I would like one... just no way it will fit where I can store it...

Great Machine... I'm sure you will enjoy it.

/ Kubota B26 TLB #3  
I learned a little about the rocks and cedars you mentioned when visiting family in the Fredericksburg area. I remember thinking that a tractor doing land clearing work in Texas hill country would surely live a hard life. The B26 is indeed one tough little unit. Don't think I've ever heard anyone say the B20/B21/B26 machines were anything but hard working and dependable. Even so, something bigger would probably be a more even match for what you're likely to be getting into. Don't know if your budget can stretch to accomodate an L39/L45 or even a full-sized, used TLB in good condition or even a skid-steer, but those are what come to mind.

/ Kubota B26 TLB
Grandad4
I agree I would prefer the L39/L45 but out of my price range and if I really need something large could always go rent one. Don't have a whole lot to do this is a small acreage and with the backhoe would make things nice. Don't think I could get along with out my B2150 with loader. I use it all the time where I live now.
And I am about 50 miles South of Fredericksburg so yea you know the area.

/ Kubota B26 TLB #5  
Best of luck with your plans. The little B26 will work its heart out for you. Beautiful area and nice people... i could live there anytime.

/ Kubota B26 TLB #6  
Wicked tough, wicked strong, just wicked light. If you have a lot of backhoe work in heavy rock, you'll drag the tractor all over the place with the backhoe. Plenty capable, just much easier with a heavier machine.

/ Kubota B26 TLB #7  
For the price you are stating, I say go for it. The B26 will do you fine unless you're digging mammoth boulders. Also if you use the machine right, it will surprise you how much it actually can do considering it's size. Plus it's a commercial unit and will take a beating much more than a regular tractor with a BH.

/ Kubota B26 TLB
Well my B26tlb got delivered to me last Friday and have used it several times here in OK and will keep using it till I take it down to it's new home in Texas, but since my flatbed is down there it will be after I get it back up here any way.
Yes I can tell and knew it was no Heavy duty B/Hoe but for what I have to do should do most of the jobs ok. The Texas ground will be much more of a challenge compared to my sandy loam here.
Had 201 hrs on the meter when it arrived and don't look bad at all. Will see if I can attach pic at the 1st try. DSC01736 (2).JPG

DSC01735 (2).JPG

Marsh

/ Kubota B26 TLB #9  
Looking good... mine didn't look this clean at 100 hours.

/ Kubota B26 TLB #10  
I have used a B26 a few times and think it is the best small tlb of this size. Normally I prefer green but I think this is better than Deere in this size.