Buying Advice Value of 1993 Ford Model 1920 Tractor

/ Value of 1993 Ford Model 1920 Tractor #1  

Fair Deal

Tractor
Ford 1920
My neighbor is selling me his Ford Tractor Model 1920. It's in very good shape, has 454 hours on it, is a 4X4, loader, no canopy, tire chains, no attachments. He paid $18k for it when new, but he's asking $15k for it. I want to pay him a fair price, but I think $15k is too high. I'm thinking about offering him $12k. Any ideas?

Also, I'll sell my Kubota 2550 (1987), 4x4, Dual loader (1997), canopy, new front tires, heavy duty tire chains, 3,400 hours, good shape, no issues. I'm thinking of asking $6K. Too much? Not enough?

/ Value of 1993 Ford Model 1920 Tractor #2  
well i think $15,000 is way to high for an 18yr old tractor.you can buy a new 1 for that.

/ Value of 1993 Ford Model 1920 Tractor #3  
Firstly its a buyers market. Lot of people unloading in this economy need cash. So you have other choices, so better for you to not get married to this deal. His asking price is way high IMO. As your neighbor, I'm sure you dont' want to insult him, but this is business, so should aproach it as such. Machine has no loader, which I think is a shortcoming, particularly if you want to add one later. I haven't priced these myself, so check Tractorhouse and other sites to see what they are going for. Just a guess, but I think you will be closer to 10K in reality.

For comparison I sold a 1989 Ford 1520 with loader and belly mower 450 hours, my asking price was $8500. Yes a smaller machine but a point of reference for you.

I have no idea about your kubota, but best of luck with the deal. I'm sure yoiu will like the Ford/NH machine.

Edit: Sorry, misread your post. Machine does have loader. I still think your offer is high.

Last edited:
   / Value of 1993 Ford Model 1920 Tractor #4  
$10,000 is right. No way I would give $15 when you could get a new one in this economy for a under $20,000

Your neighbor is nuts.:laughing:

Chris

/ Value of 1993 Ford Model 1920 Tractor #5  
it will bring from 10000-12500 at a auction

i watch 3 l3400 kubotas with around 1500 hours a peice sell this past saturday for 13500 and they came from a rental company and was beat to h@ll

/ Value of 1993 Ford Model 1920 Tractor
Thanks to all for the advice. I bought the Ford NH along with a Woods 7500Groundbreaker backhoe from my neighbor for $14k. The backhoe has been sitting for years, but it's only been used two or three times. I bought $300 worth of lubricants and filters yesterday and will perform a complete maintenance job on the tractor and hoe this weekend.

Now I need to sell my Kubota. Sure has been a good little tractor. I've owned it for 14 years and have not had one problem with it. I've taken really good care of it. I hate to sell it because it's been so reliable, but I need the money and the space inside my shop for the Ford. I guess I'll ask $6k.

/ Value of 1993 Ford Model 1920 Tractor #7  
I am looking at a very similar purchase and have seen numous ones listed, I am hoping to pay 10K FEL 4x4 (without a BH) I have an appropirate sized one (NH758C). Given you got he BH I guess you did OK.

Ironwood

/ Value of 1993 Ford Model 1920 Tractor #8  
Now I need to sell my Kubota. Sure has been a good little tractor. I've owned it for 14 years and have not had one problem with it. I've taken really good care of it. I hate to sell it because it's been so reliable, but I need the money and the space inside my shop for the Ford. I guess I'll ask $6k.

if in good shape 6k is to cheap for your old tractor i should be worth around 8 to 9 with the loader

/ Value of 1993 Ford Model 1920 Tractor #9  
if in good shape 6k is to cheap for your old tractor i should be worth around 8 to 9 with the loader

$8K-$9K might work as an asking price...depends on how quickly Fair Deal wants to sell it. That 3400 hours would put a lot of buyers off, I think.

/ Value of 1993 Ford Model 1920 Tractor #10  
$8K-$9K might work as an asking price...depends on how quickly Fair Deal wants to sell it. That 3400 hours would put a lot of buyers off, I think.

thats what i meant asking price if they ask 6k they will never get it