New tractor shopper

/ New tractor shopper #1  

fwyga

Tractor
Kubota B6200HST
Hello,

I am new to this forum and look forward to lots of good info regarding the purchase of a new compact tractor.
I currently own a Kubota B6200hst. I can not say enough about how good this tractor is. It is getting old however, and I am looking for a replacement. The B2620 or B2630 with a 60" mower deck is what I am looking at. What is the real difference between the two other than price.
I know the 2620 does not have a "floating mower" which I now have, but are the suspended type no good?

Thanks for any info on these or other combination's (Kioti, JD, Mahindra) that are proven good as well.

/ New tractor shopper #3  
The rear lift specs are different in regards to the two models. Go to the website TractorData.com and perhaps you can compare the two models in more depth. Good Luck.:tractor::welcome:

/ New tractor shopper #4  
WELCOME to TBN :)

I moved your thread to the Buying/Pricing/Comparisons Forum.

/ New tractor shopper #5  
One of the advertisers has advised that the B2630 is being discontinued due to low demand, so if you want one, you need to while they are available.

They have the ground contact deck as opposed to suspended, I have used both types and both worked well.

It also has position control on the 3PH which I really like. I also think it has tilt steering wheel and is a bit heavier and slightly bigger though not by much as best as i can remember.

I prefer the Bxx30 Series, but many, many TBN members have and love the Bxx20 Series.

Have you checked the reviews on this site; some pretty good info.

I agree also that you should look at all makes as they all make good tractors and one will fit better than the others etc.

Might want to read this thread: http://www.tractorbynet.com/forums/buying-pricing-comparisons/215544-kubota-b-series-model-s.html

/ New tractor shopper
Thanks for the reply,

I do like the B2630, but the price is fairly steep. From a 15 hp b6200 to a 26 hp seems like a pretty high upgrade. I think I will set my goal at the B2320. My local dealer stocks the B2620 and is trying to sell me that model, for 780 dollars more. Probably not a bad deal. I still have some bad feelings about the suspended type mowers though. My floating deck cuts very nicely, and I heard the suspended decks gouge the lawn if it's not like a golf course fairway. I have a lot of trees and shrubs on my lawn that takes a lot of finesse cutting.

Thanks again

Fred

/ New tractor shopper #8  
Just want to point out that the B2630 is a noticeably larger framed tractor than the B2320 or B2620. The differences are not just in features or the ground contact vs suspended mower decks. Seems most here prefer or want the suspended decks though I have a ground contact on my garden tractor and it cuts very nice. I have a suspended MMM on my BX1860 and it too cuts very nice. I do think the ground contact versions follow the grade better than a suspended, but others complain about turf damage. The ground contact versions on the Bxx30 tractors are a lot heavier than my 48" garden tractor version so perhaps that's the issue with them.

/ New tractor shopper
The suspended type is fixed to the tractor, and moves along with it. If you go over a bump or hole the mower will follow and leave the grass uneven. The floating type rides on the grass via its own wheels. The momer always makes a perfect cut.

Fred

/ New tractor shopper #10  
The suspended type is fixed to the tractor, and moves along with it. If you go over a bump or hole the mower will follow and leave the grass uneven. The floating type rides on the grass via its own wheels. The momer always makes a perfect cut.

Fred

I would question this since the mower deck wheels are alot smaller than the tractor tires and wheels, these small wheels would be just as likely to drop into the holes you speak of.

If you wan't to get a nice lawn I would suggest you take the time to regrade the mounds and holes. Get it smooth once and you will be able to mow your lawn much faster with better looking results. I would do this in the growing season when you can quickly get the grass replanted and cover any bare spots you wind up with. I use a landplane grader with the blades set flush with the skids to accomplish these lawn problems. It can slide across most grass without uprooting it and will still plane off the mounds. For most depressions I can dump some top soil in the landplane ahead of the blades and use it to screed the dirt even with the surrounding ground.