Comparison 30-ish HP TLB Thoughts

/ 30-ish HP TLB Thoughts #31  
Personally I would expect the freight and set-up to be part of the dealers quote. I have never seen it as a separate line item on any of the tractors I have bought.

MarkV

/ 30-ish HP TLB Thoughts #34  
Mines still a whole unit too , but since it was brought up we had a l4310 kubota snap the bellhousing (twice) basically snapped in half . ;)

/ 30-ish HP TLB Thoughts #35  
Well I have to agree that weight is king with a bh. If I can push my 6500lbs Kioti CK30 around with my bh, I can only imagine one of these light tractors. Nothing wrong with any of the main brand tractors, but I wouldn't go back to one myself, even if they were cheaper. For less money, I'd go up against any L series any day and the same HP grand L's to boot!

Reading your original post, you say you were underwelmed by the JD's bh. If you don't have the techneque down, they will all seem like they have little to no power, practice will make you realize it's all how you use it.

/ 30-ish HP TLB Thoughts
Pretty sure I'm going to go for it tomorrow. Pretty sure I'm also going to have a hard time sleeping tonight! :confused2: Here's the plan: L3200 4wd HST & R4's (beet juice loaded rears,) SSQA HD roundback bucket w/bolt on edge and three hooks welded on, telescoping stabilizers, rear work light kit, bucket level rod indicator, and the Land Pride 72" box scraper. Still on the fence regarding the BH77 with mechanical thumb. (Haven't decided on the backhoe yet, as that's a big extra chunk o' change.)

Quote is $20k for the tractor & options and an additional $8.6k for the backhoe. Prices are pre-sales tax. These are the financed prices and would be $1k less if I paid cash. Trade off $1k for 5 year 0% financing seems to be a no-brainer to me, as I feel those future dollars won't be worth a whole lot. How do the prices sound? From what I've seen in here and on the Kubota section, people in other parts of the country are getting better prices for L3200's and L3800's. Are these reasonable prices for this part of the country? :confused: Is the Land pride BB-72 a good box scraper? Any reasons why I should NOT get the telescoping stabilizers, bolt on cutting edge for loader bucket, or rear work light kit?

Thanks!

/ 30-ish HP TLB Thoughts #37  
Weird, all of mine are still in one piece. :confused2:

Yeah, mine is also still in one piece.

And it works just as well as the day it was delivered. Although I have gotten somewhat better at using it...

/ 30-ish HP TLB Thoughts #38  
I do not know the sales tax situation in Washington State, but here in Florida equipment for agricultural or forestry use is sales tax free. I bought my Kubota B3300SU tractor/loader to maintain and improve 40 acres of common ground in our residential development. This included ongoing removal of brush, dead trees and creation of fire breaks and fire access rough roads. Unquestionably qualified tractor for Florida sales tax exemption.

Check on possible tax exemption in Washington State. I did not find out about sales tax exemption until price negotiation time when the Kubota distributor volunteered the qualifications for consideration.

jeff9366

/ 30-ish HP TLB Thoughts #39  
Mines still a whole unit too , but since it was brought up we had a l4310 kubota snap the bellhousing (twice) basically snapped in half . ;)

I would wonder what was going on to do this??????? To do it twice? They have a full frame backhoe!!!