Comparison 30-ish HP TLB Thoughts

/ 30-ish HP TLB Thoughts
I do not know the sales tax situation in Washington State, but here in Florida equipment for agricultural or forestry use is sales tax free. I bought my Kubota B3300SU tractor/loader to maintain and improve 40 acres of common ground in our residential development. This included ongoing removal of brush, dead trees and creation of fire breaks and fire access rough roads. Unquestionably qualified tractor for Florida sales tax exemption.

Check on possible tax exemption in Washington State. I did not find out about sales tax exemption until price negotiation time when the Kubota distributor volunteered the qualifications for consideration.

jeff9366

Thanks for the tip; couldn't find anything with a little bit of online searching, but I will ask the dealer and continue researching. Washington is pretty strict on sales and use taxes, since we don't have an income tax, so unless something is going to be resold, either sales or use tax is generally due. Appreciate the advice!

/ 30-ish HP TLB Thoughts #43  
   / 30-ish HP TLB Thoughts #44  
Here we go with the green orange war.:(

/ 30-ish HP TLB Thoughts #45  
You honestly believe that ONE instance means that they all crack in half? We don't have anything besides mere speculation to say that it was the backhoe that even caused it. You to put a warning sticker on Deere like that to not buy it because of your speculation is unruly.

You're right, one's a pretty small sample size that doesn't mean much, but I did read the link that the member included. Reading that TBN thread, it came out that the sub frame for the Deere bh does not extend to the front of the tractor and only attaches to the rear axle. Is that right?

If that were true, I would agree that the design leaves a little to be desired, the subframe extends the length of the tractor on every other sub frame I've seen for a reason. I'm not saying that's why that machine broke, but in that case I'd look at putting a different bh on the machine.

/ 30-ish HP TLB Thoughts #46  
When ours at work broke it was plowing snow with a front mount blade , never had a back hoe on it . The dealer said the bell housing bolts were loose , Never did get an anwser on how it happened the second time ,probably why he's no longer a dealer . Green or orange don't matter buy what ever suits your fancy . And that is correct my back hoe is just to the rear end housing , i could see with some abuse it could happen .

/ 30-ish HP TLB Thoughts
Sorry to interrupt the "tractors breaking in half" discussion, but I didn't want to clutter things up with a new thread. That's right, I'm going to hijack the hijack of the thread. :confused3: Geez, two out of the five pages dedicated to that! Can we get the "beating a dead horse" emoticon for occasions like this?

After lots of research and analysis to paralysis, I decided on the Kubota L3200. For several reasons, I think it's the right tractor for me and the tasks I foresee on my property.

It did have the jerky hitch, which the dealer acknowledged, and here's where it gets interesting. From TBN research, I mentioned that some people claimed that using the L3010 Grand L valve (#31351-39604) solved the problem. I also mentioned that for some, an L3200 valve replacement seemed to work, and that no definitive solution is discussed anywhere I could find. Sales guy talked to the area rep. The area rep didn't have any ideas, so the local sales guy looked up the two valves. Oddly, the Grand L valve is less expensive. They replaced the valve with that, and now it's much better per the sales guy, but it's not completely smooth. Note that I haven't seen it in operation yet. Really hoped I'd be the one to say, "Hallelujah, the solution is this...!"

Anyway, I'll have a new L3200 soon...I'll try not to break it in half. :p

Attachments

• Beating Dead Horse 1.gif
    Beating Dead Horse 1.gif
    10.9 KB · Views: 119
   / 30-ish HP TLB Thoughts #48  
Sorry to interrupt the "tractors breaking in half" discussion, but I didn't want to clutter things up with a new thread. That's right, I'm going to hijack the hijack of the thread. :confused3: Geez, two out of the five pages dedicated to that! Can we get the "beating a dead horse" emoticon for occasions like this?

After lots of research and analysis to paralysis, I decided on the Kubota L3200. For several reasons, I think it's the right tractor for me and the tasks I foresee on my property.

It did have the jerky hitch, which the dealer acknowledged, and here's where it gets interesting. From TBN research, I mentioned that some people claimed that using the L3010 Grand L valve (#31351-39604) solved the problem. I also mentioned that for some, an L3200 valve replacement seemed to work, and that no definitive solution is discussed anywhere I could find. Sales guy talked to the area rep. The area rep didn't have any ideas, so the local sales guy looked up the two valves. Oddly, the Grand L valve is less expensive. They replaced the valve with that, and now it's much better per the sales guy, but it's not completely smooth. Note that I haven't seen it in operation yet. Really hoped I'd be the one to say, "Hallelujah, the solution is this...!"

Anyway, I'll have a new L3200 soon...I'll try not to break it in half. :p

Congrats on the new tractor. If the new valve doesn't fix it completely, I believe the jerky hitch has been definitively solved by someone here on TBN, do a quick search, it was in the last month or so.

/ 30-ish HP TLB Thoughts
Thanks kiotiken and others who helped in discussion and advice. The little bundle of joy arrived this morning. Right now it's too wet to do much, but I can't wait to get started!

Ended up going with the L3200 HST 4x4 with loaded R4's, SSQA 66" round back bucket with bolt on cutting edge, bucket level indicator rod, BH77 with mechanical thumb, telescoping 3-point adjusters (not here yet), and rear work light. I'll also be getting a Land Pride 72" box scraper.

Pics, because it did happen!

Attachments

• DSCF0133.JPG
    DSCF0133.JPG
    340.7 KB · Views: 244
  • DSCF0128.JPG
    DSCF0128.JPG
    336.1 KB · Views: 95
  • DSCF0130.JPG
    DSCF0130.JPG
    343.3 KB · Views: 110
  • DSCF0132.JPG
    DSCF0132.JPG
    345.2 KB · Views: 120
   / 30-ish HP TLB Thoughts #50  
Wow, that's a sweet lookn' new ride, now go get it dirty!!