Buying Advice Kubota GL3240 vs. Kubota B3300SU vs. Deere 3320

/ Kubota GL3240 vs. Kubota B3300SU vs. Deere 3320 #31  
I have and love my L3240 it is the greatest tractor ever! just needs about 7 more PTO hp..:confused2:... Wait that would make it the L3940!:thumbsup:... all joking aside I do really like my 3240 and have found that it will do anything I want it to. Now for the long run - 5- to 10 yrs- I might find the need for the extra POWER! Its a great tractor!

AndyG

/ Kubota GL3240 vs. Kubota B3300SU vs. Deere 3320 #32  
Take a look at a john deere 4105 great tractor for the money and alot cheaper than a 3320

/ Kubota GL3240 vs. Kubota B3300SU vs. Deere 3320 #33  
+1 for a L3240HST. I think it has plenty of power for the weight. As often is said here on this forum, I have yet to run out of power before traction for the type of chores on your to-do list so I think it would work if it is in your price range.

If you plan on using it for PTO intensive tasks like heavy brush hogging, it might be worth your while to get something with more HP for a given chassis size. The L3240 works just fine for me because my PTO use is limited to light field mowing but If I was doing some heavier cutting, I think I'd want something with more HP.

By all means though, get as much weight and HP as you can afford, which indecently is the answer to pretty much any "which tractor should I buy" type question. :D

/ Kubota GL3240 vs. Kubota B3300SU vs. Deere 3320

By all means though, get as much weight and HP as you can afford, which indecently is the answer to pretty much any "which tractor should I buy" type question. :D

On that note, I have reassessed my needs and put in an offer on a tractor that I think will best handle the tasks I have in mind, have the transportability I want, and give me some room to grow into.

I talked to a cousin mine who has a NH TC75 he uses on his 150 acres for skidding, lifting logs, FEL work, mowing, & hay baling. Based on his advice, I figured that I needed pretty much said--as much weight & HP as I can afford.

So, I scratched off the back-hoe off the list so that I can afford more tractor. I'll rent a mini-ex in the short term and look to buy a used mini-ex later if I find I use it alot.

And the winner is...

A Kubota M6040! 4x4, gear drive, R1 tires w/ FEL, bucket & forks, & post-hole digger. It feels to a newbie like me to be ALOT of tractor, but at 6-2" I feel more "at home" on it than the much smaller tractors I started with (the B3300SU, GL3240, & even L4400.).

Hopefully, the sale will go through without a hitch and I'll take delivery in two days, and then can design a forestry cage for it.

/ Kubota GL3240 vs. Kubota B3300SU vs. Deere 3320 #35  
That is a very nice little tractor; someone else just got one.

/ Kubota GL3240 vs. Kubota B3300SU vs. Deere 3320 #36  
And the winner is...

A Kubota M6040! 4x4, gear drive, R1 tires w/ FEL, bucket & forks, & post-hole digger. It feels to a newbie like me to be ALOT of tractor, but at 6-2" I feel more "at home" on it than the much smaller tractors I started with (the B3300SU, GL3240, & even L4400.).

Glad you reached a decision. I am sure you will be happy with the bigger machine. And a lot happier when you can start getting some work done with it.

Me too! I've already gotten a driveway mostly done--now, I'm just learning how to back-grade using the bucket.

I found a good rear-blade, but at $2500+, I don't want to just jump into that purchase and may buy new.

But that can be the subject of another thread!

On that note, does anyone know how to best paste a link to another thread, but in a very with far fewer words than simply pasting the URL?

Thanks again for all the advice!

UPDATE: The M6040 is working well. In the beginning, I thought it might be a little too much tractor, but it doesnt seem that way anymore. At my first running hours, The driveway is done, I've moved about 200-tons of dirt in landscaping the property, moved and stacked ~100 tons of logs, and loaded and unloaded the upper level of the little barn with the forks. Now that she's broken in, I can really get working.

Now, I'm shopping for a post hole digger and later in the summer will be digging out a small (1/3 to 1/2 acre-foot) pond out back (with the FEL).

/ Kubota GL3240 vs. Kubota B3300SU vs. Deere 3320 #39  
youll want a heavy duty boxblade with rippers to help clean out your pool.

youll want a heavy duty boxblade with rippers to help clean out your pool.

Yep. The pond will be my big reason for getting one...though my want list is much larger than that!