looking for hill climbing tractor

/ looking for hill climbing tractor #1  

whiskeyc

My Deere lx178 just died and I am looking at new tractors for climbing my hilly 1.1 acre lot.

/ looking for hill climbing tractor #2  
Welcome to TBN. :)

/ looking for hill climbing tractor #4  
Might wanna look at this :

Boone

Attachments

• CoverR.jpg
    CoverR.jpg
    78.2 KB · Views: 707
   / looking for hill climbing tractor #5  
Check out the Ventrac line. Their machines also take quite a few attachments so you don't need multiple machines. :thumbsup:

/ looking for hill climbing tractor #7  
I would also say go for the ventrac. The videos they have on you tube are pretty impressive. Probably would depend on how hilly I guess not sure of the cost of the ventracs nor do I know someone who owns one. A 4wd would probably get you around pretty good too.

/ looking for hill climbing tractor #8  
Look at the SAME Solaris, Lamborghini Runner, Hurlimann, PRINCE.

Compact tractors (for your 1.1 acres) Big tractor features, and locking differentials both front and rear.

I've been impressed with the uneven ground performance of my Hurlimann 435.

Cheers

/ looking for hill climbing tractor #9  
WELCOME to TBN :)

I moved your thread to the Buying/Pricing/Comparisons Forum.

/ looking for hill climbing tractor #10  
My Deere lx178 just died and I am looking at new tractors for climbing my hilly 1.1 acre lot.

Depends on what you mean by "hilly". Have you been mowing it with the old Deere? If you got by with that, then the first step up is a 4wd mower. Deere and Kubota are probably the top brands with that type of equipment. Both make top notch products. Next you can go to a 4wd "subcompact" tractor. Bigger, more rugged than a lawn mower; does a lot more also. Same brands, plus a few others to choose from. If that's not good enough for your hills, look at some of the more specialized machines. Ventrac and Steiner are two outfits that make mowers for very hilly property.

Be prepared for sticker shock... any time you get into 4wd and equipment with increased capabilities, the price tag goes up. Don't use "lawn mower from Sears" as your budgetary reference; these things are more in the "new car" bracket.

Obviously you need something sized for your 1.1 acres, not some of that big stuff.