Kubota 9540 or Deere 5101 E or Case 95U?

/ Kubota 9540 or Deere 5101 E or Case 95U? #1  

andyjackson26

I am about to pull the trigger on one of these this month. It will be a cab model with 4wd and FEL. I am going to use it mainly for hay on 50 acres and general farm use. I would like to keep this for 20 plus years, so I want to make the best decision. The Kubota is about $4k to $6k cheaper than the Deere and Case. I would certainly appreciate any thoughts, advice and experience so that I can make the best decision. Thanks for the help.

/ Kubota 9540 or Deere 5101 E or Case 95U? #2  
They are all good tractors and I am sure you will be happy either way you go. Our Case CX80 did not hold up well, but it was a 98 model, so I am sure they are an entirely different tractor now. It had a nice roomy cab with good power.

When we bought our M8540 which is the same tractor as the M9540, we looked at others and both Case and John Deere have larger cabs though we have decided we prefer the Kubota cab for clearance in the woods and easy access to the grab rails on our hilly property; others will like the roomier cab. I also use a L5030 HSTC, so cab size on the M seems really big.

In the end, the John Deere was simply not worth the extra money nor did we feel it was a better tractor though certainly as good.

Bottom line is in my opinion, all are good tractors and I would go drive them all to see which you prefer.

/ Kubota 9540 or Deere 5101 E or Case 95U? #3  
i own a MX5100 HST kub.so im a lil 1 sided.but id go with the 9540 hands down.you cant beat the quality of tractor kub makes.an you be saving $5000.

/ Kubota 9540 or Deere 5101 E or Case 95U? #4  
I have owned a big HP Kubota and currently have a JD 5520. Both are fine.
The Kubota is lighter,has more refinements and is more "intuitive" in that it seems to know what you want to do. It's an excellent all-around tractor that is vey fuel efficient and an engine that is a wonder of smoothness to run or even just look at. I get the feeling it's a minimum tolerance engine built in a white glove environment. The Kubota needs wheel weights in back and radials make a big difference in tillage. Also, their loader is sweet and super-strong.

The JD is a superb tractor in a little different way. It is a capable machine that weighs more and has an engine that may not be as sweet to look at but is a tillage beast. Mine pulls an 8 shank big cutivator in soft ground (I have radials) when anything close in size would spin. It's a proven engine that won't quit and and an excellent and equally strong loader. Fit and finish overall do not seem to be as good as Kubota. Axle castings seem bigger.

I happened to buy the JD because I have a dealer next door but I thought I wanted the Kubota and was on my way to buy one when JD gave me a great price. You won't make a mistake with either one and sorry, I don't know about the Case..

Last edited:
   / Kubota 9540 or Deere 5101 E or Case 95U? #5  
well i can tell you what my kub machinic told me about CASEIH tractors as my dealer sells both.he said the CASES still love to stay in the shop alot.an that 100 cases will come in for every kub that has to see the shop.an he told me this last year.

/ Kubota 9540 or Deere 5101 E or Case 95U?
Well, based on these responses, the Case isn't doing so well in comparison. I'm leaning towards the Kubota right now. I just received a quote on the Case. For a 105U w/ cab 4wd and FEL, $52,000 cash. For a 95U w/cab 4wd and FEL, $48,000 cash. The Kubota is definitely cheaper. I want this to be a tractor that I own for 25 plus years.

/ Kubota 9540 or Deere 5101 E or Case 95U? #7  
We buy tractors with an eye to long term ownership and fully expect our M8540 to last through my lifetime and be used by our kids and grandchildren. We have tractors made in the 50's, 60's as well as newer ones.

Any good tractor should last twenty years plus. We usually keep our cars and trucks a minimum of ten years and 200,000+ miles; only way to come out ahead.

We saved a few bucks going with the 8540 as we had no need for the extra HP and the rest of the tractor is identical, even the same engine.

/ Kubota 9540 or Deere 5101 E or Case 95U? #8  
If all three tractors meet your needs/requirements then go with the cheapest option if the dealer is worthy of your money. I have had good luck with my New Holland which is the same company as the Case-IH but I am buying a Kubota soon and possibly a Deere or a second Kubota (haven't decided yet).

In my situation though I would easily pick the Kubota over the other two just on price alone. Thats a big chunk of change to save and to not give up anything in the process (well maybe a little size to the Case as I think the U was a slightly larger frame then the Kubota or Deere).

/ Kubota 9540 or Deere 5101 E or Case 95U? #9  
I will add anther point I forgot and that's on fuel usage. When i used to bale hay with my M8950 Kubota, it used so little fuel I first thought the gauge was broken. It would bale all day, never miss a beat and sipped the fuel.
My JD seems to chug through it faster. Not sure if they are available but a Nebraska Tractor test would be the definative answer.

/ Kubota 9540 or Deere 5101 E or Case 95U? #10  
Well im not gonna down JD but I own a m7040 and m5040 Kubota both have been really good tractors.For the rest of the story two brothers bought Case JX95s one stayed in shop,other brother never had a problem,so I guess its a 50/50,other than that dont see many around here. Cant go wrong with either,just save alittle money with the Kubota.How about the Kubota m100x