massey gc2410 or kubota BX25

/ massey gc2410 or kubota BX25 #1  

pmlenny

I have about 4 acres and will use it for snow plowing and tree planting, stump removal. Both models come with bucket and back hoe. Does anyone have any idea what machine is better? thanks

/ massey gc2410 or kubota BX25 #2  
Both tractors are great machines, you might want to look at the club cadet yanmar too. sc2450 i think.

/ massey gc2410 or kubota BX25 #3  
Good products from good companies, both. Either one will be hard-working and reliable... for doing actual work there would only be minor differences in how they work and what they would accomplish. We've had good luck with the Kubota products, but the M-F equipment has done fine for others also. It comes down to personal preference, which dealer seems best and money.

/ massey gc2410 or kubota BX25 #4  
as said, both machines are quality. Dealership support should be the biggest concern between the two. The one thing I like about the Massey is I believe you can leave the 3pt arms on the tractor when the backhoe is on.

/ massey gc2410 or kubota BX25 #5  
The main difference is the fwd/rvrs operation and hydraulics. With the GC to go from fwd to rvrs you simply pivot your tow without moving your heel. On the BX you have to take your toe oof the fwd peddle and raise your heel to engage reverse. IMO that would be a real pain in a tight situation or on ground leveling. The hydraulics on the GC work at idle speed and with the kubota it has to be reved to get the hydraulics to lift. Other than that I think they are comparble in every other aspect.

/ massey gc2410 or kubota BX25 #6  
The hydraulics on the GC work at idle speed and with the kubota it has to be reved to get the hydraulics to lift. Other than that I think they are comparble in every other aspect.

That only applies to older models...

/ massey gc2410 or kubota BX25 #7  
I like protected grease fittings on loader bucket cylinders. When all tractors had them unprotected years ago we did a lot of work on the loaders because of them getting broken and not fixed to be able to grease.

/ massey gc2410 or kubota BX25 #8  
Both good machines. Just a thought that there are a lot of aftermarket products made for the Kubota BX series vs Massey. For example, check out the BXpanded line of products. Bro Tek is another aftermarket maker of BX products though some (BH thumb) work with other makes. Standard SCUT attachments will fit any make, but I'm talking about products tailored to a specific model. Just a factor of the volume of SCUTs that Kubota sells vs just about anyone else. May or may not be an issue for you - just pointed it out.

/ massey gc2410 or kubota BX25 #9  
I wanted a Kubota for years. But after sitting on both several times, we went Massey.

The brake on the opposite side was one of the deciding factors. Seat positioning was another.

Sit on both several times, and test drive if possible before deciding.

/ massey gc2410 or kubota BX25 #10  
Don't have a Massey dealer close by so did not look at them. Looked at Kubota, New Holland, and Cub Cadet (Yanmar). Again, the NH dealer was not close enough so down to BX25 and the CC equivalant. After seeing a CC at my mechanics shop with a twisted frame and comparing that stamped frame with the BX structural shape frame it was a no-brainer. The CC is cheap/cheap by comparison. I love my BX25. It does more than I expected. Check them all over close before deciding. I do not find the reverse pedal a problem. It has become automatic aafter 300 hrs, but then I did not come off some other brand. After time in the seat I jump in my pickup to get fuel and find myself stomping at the reverse pedal in the truck.

Ron