Blue/Green Models Comparable to Orange L3430

/ Blue/Green Models Comparable to Orange L3430 #1  

Anonymous Poster

Hey All,

I've been lurking here for a few weeks now and just love this site. Lots of great information for first-time tractor buyers like myself.

I recently purchased a 40-acre farm that is mostly old, not well cared for pasture. Lots of thorn trees sprouting up and many that have turned into very large thorn trees. I'll need the tractor for clearing trees, removing posts, installing new ones, 20+ acres of bush hog mowing, etc.

After reading through the posts here I'm kind of set on the Kubota L3430. However, I can't seem to get a good price in my area even though there are 5 dealers within 60 miles.

I've spent a lot of time learning about Kubota's but i looks like I may need to look at NH/JD tractors too as it appears I may need some leverage and would definitely buy blue (or green) if I can get a better deal.

Can you guys let me know what a comparable NH/JD model is to the 3430 with LA723 FEL.

Thanks!

/ Blue/Green Models Comparable to Orange L3430 #2  
Nothing compares to <font color="orange">orange </font> !!! /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif (IMHO)

/ Blue/Green Models Comparable to Orange L3430 #3  
Comparisons are fun. Both Deere and Kubota have model compare features on their websites. I like Deeres comparator better, because you get some selection as to model. Kubota likes to compare theirs to slightly smaller displacement models, and voila, they get better numbers. No big deal, really, cause you're smart enough to put together your own chart. I exported Deere's to excel, and tweaked it to my needs.

Deeres site puts it with their 4310, although I think its displacement should be closer to the 4410. That figures because when I was looking, the kubota dealers kept steering me towards the 3130, saying the 3430 was a lot more, for not much. Well, that's the same story for the Deere 4410 over their 4310.

At New holland you are between the TC33D and TC35D, which are actually in differant classes from each other and there are some very big differances. New Holland "D" models have HST and deluxe features... Without the "D" are less equipped gear models.

Each of these have some very real strengths (like FEL capacity) that gives them a competive advantage. You will also have your preference, such as joystick location, or hst pedal config.

Lotsa Luck!

/ Blue/Green Models Comparable to Orange L3430
Mike,

Thanks for the response. I'll start researching the TC35D and TC40D as well as the JDs.

Tom

/ Blue/Green Models Comparable to Orange L3430 #5  
I compared them and went 35D and really like it.
Only one w/ 84" MMM and w/ SS it makes a GREAT lawnmower.

/ Blue/Green Models Comparable to Orange L3430 #6  
You mention Blue/Green and Orange, have you looked at any of the off brands? RED, the other orange etc. Mahindra, kioti, branson century all have a great product. I'm partial to Mahindra, but then again i sell them. Before you go with the big 3 look at the korean lines you wont be dissapointed.
Mahindra 3510, 4110, kioti dk 35 etc. Good luck with your purchase.

/ Blue/Green Models Comparable to Orange L3430 #7  
Well stated RockyRidge. I'm sure anyone can get use to the greater lifting, rollback, dump, breakout force of the Kubota loader or the two pedal's on the JD hydrostatic drive. /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif Of course you know I'm joking and think the JD is a great machine. I hope the 4310 you get is everything you want and deserve. It really is a great machine! Rat...

/ Blue/Green Models Comparable to Orange L3430
Thanks everyone for the comments.

I've now decided to move up a bit on the HP. I've narrowed the selection down to the following tractors in the three big colors:

JD 4610
NH TCD40
Kubota L4330

They're about as similar as one can get from a HP/feature set and so I'm going about creating a spreadsheet listing all of the options that I want, etc.

Today I visited another small Kubota dealer (100 mi away) and a very large NH dealer (50 mi away). I'm really beginnig to like the NH Boomer series, although the Kubota still seems to be more "solid" and of a higher quality in construction.

Thanks.

Tom

/ Blue/Green Models Comparable to Orange L3430 #9  
Your now getting into the actual utility tractor size range,besides the CUTs you have listed. Take a look at the www.mahindrausa.com "00" series. You'll be getting more tractor for your $$ with a utility tractor.

/ Blue/Green Models Comparable to Orange L3430 #10  
I checked out the "00" series I think. Are these the 5500 and 6000? Apparently a hydrostatic transmission is not yet available which would eliminate them as a potential option for me and therefore not able to compare to the Kubotas L3130, L3430 or JD's 4410 or NH's TC35D or TC40D. . Maybe I was in the wrong product category. Rat...