Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Bronze Member
    Tractor
    2011 Kubota 2320 HSD

Default Kubota BX25 or B2320

Hi all,
    I am buying a tractor...soon I hope. I spent a lot of time looking at the BX25 and thought it would do everything I need it to do. Loader, cut grass, plow snow on my 350' drive and most importantly, install 2 200 foot french drains, clear out the creek running through my yard and put in a patio behind the house with retaining walls...all of this done with the backhoe.

I was able to stop at a local dealer and I looked at the BX and there was a 2320 with the BH65 on it. The 2320 looks like a much more capable tractor in the backhoe department. The dealer did mention you only get a half foot more digging but i have been told the BX 25 hoe is powerful but slow. Just because I have the tractor does not mean I want to spend all of my free time on it. I am afraid I will be frustrated with the slow progress of the BX25.

The plan would be to get a lot or most of the work done with my backhoe and then bring in an excavator to complete the creek work, i.e Gabion baskets and replace the 20' X 30" pipe that goes across my driveway. I think the BX25 would be much better at the other jobs I will have, plowing and mowing but I envision doing a lot of backhoe work. I am concerned that I will wear out the joints and pins on the BX25 with all of the work I need to do.

Thanks for any comments. I know right now, either one of them is going to do a better job plowing my driveway than the Cub Cadet 1811 I am using now.

Also, how difficult is it to remove the BH65 hoe on the B2320 to mount the 60 Inch MMM?

Tractor
    Kubota B2320 FEL, MMM

I'm sure others will comment on the comparison but after a few times you can put the mmm on in 5-7 minutes.

Tractor
    Kubota bx25

Ror, I own a bx25 and it surprises me when I run it hard. As far as the bh being slow that's not the case. Throttle it up and it's pretty fast. The thing about the bx is its soo versatile! Pull off the fel and bh it's a great mower. It's been stone reliable, sips fuel. I would not worry about wearing out pins, just keep er greased, give some maint and it will run a long life. Hope this helps

Tractor
    all makes and models

Default Re: Kubota BX25 or B2320

The only area that you might be hurt in would be manuverability while mowing. Go make some circles in the diveway with each and see if the difference is a breaker!

On the plus side of the 2320 is the three ranges! More ground clearance, better drive system with no fan to worry about and a better hitch height for three point hitch attachments as well as a bigger loader lift.

Manuverability is all you have for a minus with going larger.

Veteran Member
    Tractor
    Kubota BX25

If you need a small machine the BX25 is superb. If you do not "need" a small machine then go bigger. I "needed" AND "wanted" a small machine, but, if I didn't need a small machine I would definately go much bigger. It has it's limitations. Go big if you do not need small! If money is the issue the BX25 is a GREAT choice for a starter machine.

Bronze Member
    Tractor
    2011 Kubota 2320 HSD

I finally made the decision and bought the 2320. Had a local dealer configure it with loader, BH65 backhoe, 60 inch deck, 60 inch hydraulic plow, R4 tires, 40 amp alternator, block heater, and tire chains. Great price too. I want to thank Neil Messick and Brady Barlow for working with me on packages too. Turned out the local dealer just gave me a deal I couldn't refuse and there was no haggling involved. Makes the process that much sweeter. Now, if they can get it built and delivered by Friday I can start checking off the to-do list.

Thanks everyone else for your input too.

Veteran Member
    Tractor
    Kubota BX25

Post LOTS of pics when she's born!

Elite Member
    Tractor
    Deere

Does the backhoe need to come off when you put the MMM on. I would definitely recommend taking it off if your land is wet but if you don't need to take it off I wouldn't bother. If to run the MMM you have to take the BH of I would look at a Deere 2x20. Be a pain in the rear to be taking that thing on and off a lot.

As for which size to get my rule of thumb is if you can afford and do most of your small projects with a larger tractor get it. Nobody has ever complained for having "too much" horsepower. So as long as B2320 won't sink into your lawn I would go with it.

Tractor
    Kubota BX25

Quote Originally Posted by MartianTractorMan View Post
    Does the backhoe need to come off when you put the MMM on. I would definitely recommend taking it off if your land is wet but if you don't need to take it off I wouldn't bother. If to run the MMM you have to take the BH of I would look at a Deere 2x20. Be a pain in the rear to be taking that thing on and off a lot.

As for which size to get my rule of thumb is if you can afford and do most of your small projects with a larger tractor get it. Nobody has ever complained for having "too much" horsepower. So as long as B2320 won't sink into your lawn I would go with it.
    I think the OP has already made his decision...
    Kyle - CompactTractorFan

Kubota BX25 w/R4's (23 hp, 17.7 PTO hp), Loader, Backhoe, 60" Mid Mount Mower, Cyclone Rake Z-10 Lawn Vacuum, CountyLine Carryall, Ferris 48" Walk-Behind Mower, Honda 21" Walk-Behind Mower, Mighty Mac 4" Chipper/Shredder,
    2000 Dodge Intrepid, 2012 Ford F-150 EcoBoost

Elite Member
    Tractor
    Deere

Quote Originally Posted by CompactTractorFan View Post
    I think the OP has already made his decision...
    Haha. Guess I should have read the whole thread instead of just the question!

Sounds like a good machine though!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast