Price Check Price check on a kubota 7040hd

/ Price check on a kubota 7040hd #1  

Pattece

I have been looking at tractors for a while and have finally narrowed my choice down to the kubota 7040hd 4x4 with hydraulic shuttle, la1153 loader, and rops. The local dealer has a new 2009 model still on the lot that he quoted me a price of $32,800 delivered to my place. Just wondering if this was in the ballpark of a good deal or do I need to check around for a better deal. This will be my first tractor purchase so any advise would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance..

/ Price check on a kubota 7040hd #2  
Personally I would not buy it unless you can get it for 75% the cost of a brand new 2011 model identically equipped. You have the upper hand in this deal.

Chris

/ Price check on a kubota 7040hd #3  
An '09? That's nearly 3 yrs old so he might need to move it soon. Try the "build your kubota" option on Kubota's website and see what MSRP comes out to be for an '11 equipped the same as the '09. Then you can start to figure where his price is.

Delivery, unless you're a long ways away, should be a given on these sales. I know a neighbor who had his Kubota(s) brought close to 100 miles (one way) at no charge.

/ Price check on a kubota 7040hd #4  
I think the price could be OK depending on how the tractor is otherwise equipped; cast iron wheels, weights, loaded tires, number of remote valves, type of loader bucket, etc. Maybe try to get another $100 or so off or throw in some extras

/ Price check on a kubota 7040hd #5  
the 7040hd like your talking about lists for $36000.so that means he has knocked 9% off the list price.an that is a real good price,you might make him an offer of say $31,500 an see what he says.if he says no then id go ahead an give his price.

/ Price check on a kubota 7040hd #6  
In early 2010, paid $28,000 for an '07 with 300 hours, but it had Cab, 4WD, la1153 loader and 2 sets remotes.
So I paid $4,000 less than you for a 3 yr old with a cab and only 300 hours.

I think you could do better. I'd offer him maybe $29,000 and see what they say. All they can do is say "no".

/ Price check on a kubota 7040hd #7  
In early 2010, paid $28,000 for an '07 with 300 hours, but it had Cab, 4WD, la1153 loader and 2 sets remotes.
So I paid $4,000 less than you for a 3 yr old with a cab and only 300 hours.

I think you could do better.

I agree. 300 hours is nothing for a tractor and basically a brand new machine if not abused and had the recommended maintenance.

He can do a lot better.

Chris

/ Price check on a kubota 7040hd #8  
My local Bota dealer was offering me (new) w/fel-r1's one for $ 28,689 otd(cash) .Think it was a 2010. We all know every region of good ole USA prices vary.Still no reason to get shafted.Not saying your local dealer is but like others have said think you could do better. Felt I got a good deal when I bought my L3400 DT(Bota) fel. from them $ 15,300 cash otd. I'am a big Kubota fan :thumbsup: but if you have dealer close buy I would give the Mahindra's 30/60 series a hard look.

Boone

KUBOTA M7040, Used KUBOTA M7040, KUBOTA M7040 For Sale At TractorHouse.com - Page 1

/ Price check on a kubota 7040hd
Thanks guys,
I thought it was and ok deal but nothing great and after reading the responces I will definately check around. I have 3 dealers pretty close to me so i will definately check the others out. Going used is something I would like to do just a little harder to find one. I really appreciate everyones help.

Chad

/ Price check on a kubota 7040hd #10  
Another thing I would consider is the warranty. I would definitely want a full warranty for that high of a price.