Tractor Sizing New John Deere 2720

/ New John Deere 2720 #11  
Gents,
Thanks for all the advice, one thing my dealer brought up was the 72'' blade may not swivel all the way around without hitting the rear tires. Anyone have any insight on if that is the case?

I am keeping the R4 tires, I have had good luck with those on turf as long as you dont have 4X4 engaged and the ground is soft.

I have decided to just go with the mechanical lift for the mower deck that uses the 3pt hitch. I will never use the loader or any rear implements while mowing. Dealer tried talking me into the hydraulic lift with the height adjuster on the left side. I got to look at one installed on another tractor though and my read was it is not a well designed system for the cost of adding it. Any thoughts on this?

I have a RB1072 rear blade, and I have to slide the drawbar in one hole to flip the blade all the way around. My 2520 handles the 72" blade just fine..

/ New John Deere 2720
OK update~ I talked to the dealer and he is swapping my 2060 blade for a 2072. After thinking about it awhile it made better sense! Keeping the 5' landscape rake though so I can fit between the tree's.

Still wondering if anybody has thoughts on the mmm lift type? I am going with the mechanical lift that uses the 3 point hitch to set the mower height.

/ New John Deere 2720 #13  
OK update~ I talked to the dealer and he is swapping my 2060 blade for a 2072. After thinking about it awhile it made better sense! Keeping the 5' landscape rake though so I can fit between the tree's.

Still wondering if anybody has thoughts on the mmm lift type? I am going with the mechanical lift that uses the 3 point hitch to set the mower height.

I don't have a MMM on my tractor but I would get the hydraulic lift. Seems simpler to me. Are you getting the quick attach series?

/ New John Deere 2720 #14  
OK update~

Most people are very happy with that set up. For one, the 3pt hitch setup will hold position better than the independent lift which tends to drift over time. I bought the independant lift, but probably didn't need to and I think the standard setup would have been fine, and cheaper.