Tractor Sizing What size tractor do I need?

/ What size tractor do I need? #21  
I came close to purchasing a TYM tractor, but opted instead for a good quality used Kubota. TYM used to make the XX10 Mahindra tractors. The thing I liked about TYM - there is virtually no options to upgrade. They load every tractor up with all options for a VERY good price. Stout, beefy tractors, all the bells and whistles. Nice looking tractors. The Korean company has been around for a long time. The engine is a Perkins / Cat diesel. Very quite.

The downside - dealers a few and far between (they only just recently began selling their own brand). I was a bit worried about the parts network. And then resale value.

If there is a dealer in your area - check them out. I think you will be pleasantly surprised.

/ What size tractor do I need?
I came close to purchasing a TYM tractor, but opted instead for a good quality used Kubota. TYM used to make the XX10 Mahindra tractors. The thing I liked about TYM - there is virtually no options to upgrade. They load every tractor up with all options for a VERY good price. Stout, beefy tractors, all the bells and whistles. Nice looking tractors. The Korean company has been around for a long time. The engine is a Perkins / Cat diesel. Very quite.

The downside - dealers a few and far between (they only just recently began selling their own brand). I was a bit worried about the parts network. And then resale value.

If there is a dealer in your area - check them out. I think you will be pleasantly surprised.

We did check out the TYM tractors in the early summer. We weren't too impressed, prices didn't seem that great. It was a new line for the dealer, and I'm now glad that we didn't purchase one, because they are no longer carrying TYM and there are no other dealers in the area.

/ What size tractor do I need? #23  
RockyNY, I don't know exactly where you are, but there's a TYM dealer in Orchard Park.

I have heard from a few people that the TYM's are loaded with options and are also substantially heavier than comparable models of other brands.

I am debating my next tractor purchase, but I know it will be 45+ hp at minimum.

/ What size tractor do I need? #24  
Your needs are a lot like mine . I use my MF1532 to unload freight trucks and parking lot maintenance , spreading gravel and snow removal . I've had it a year ( no snow yet ) , great size for my use . It's compact enough to get around in my building and big enough for the other duties . I was in the same frame of mind as you , I needed a forklift , but not enough to justify , and a tractor seemed more practical . The cab issue , it would be in my way most of the time , with the exception of snow removal . I've bundled up to use a snow shovel ( it didn't have a cab :laughing: ) so I can put the longjohns and carharts on and have some money in my back pocket . Good luck with your decision .:thumbsup:

RockyNY, I don't know exactly where you are, but there's a TYM dealer in Orchard Park.

I have heard from a few people that the TYM's are loaded with options and are also substantially heavier than comparable models of other brands.

I am debating my next tractor purchase, but I know it will be 45+ hp at minimum.

I'm out in the Jamestown direction. I will admit that we did not look real closely at the TYM's, at the time we weren't serious about a purchase. They look like a good tractor and seem to have a decent reputation, but I have noticed that their loader specs are not as good as Kioti's or Mahindra's. Their 43 & 50hp tractor loaders are only rated for 1788 lbs to max height.

We checked out the Kioti DK40SE yesterday, another very nice tractor. But right now, we're leaning heavily towards the Mahindra 4035. I think we can get a better financing option with the Mahindra. We can get a better deal on the 3535 at a different dealer, but there's some features on the 4035 that we're willing to pay more for (mainly, the power shuttle).

/ What size tractor do I need? #26  
Rocky, if you are going to use any 3pt implements for grading, get both of the rear remotes. That way once you get tired of making manual adjustments with your top and side links you will be all set up to get yourself a top and tilt set for the tractor and make those adjustments hydraulically. ;)

I would love a TnT just for the convenience, but I don't foresee using it enough to justify the extra cost of dual remotes, plus we're already busting the budget as it is :D

I might put a tilt cylinder in some time though, my aunt's JD has one and it sure is handy with the back blade.

/ What size tractor do I need? #28  
I too started out with tilt cylinders before having the top link.

/ What size tractor do I need? #29  
definately make sure you have at least one set of remotes!

definately make sure you have at least one set of remotes!

Well, I can verify that the 4035 comes with one set of remotes. The dealer just dropped it off for us to play with over the weekend and see if we like it:thumbsup: