New Tractor

/ New Tractor #1  

Anonymous Poster

After considering and getting quotes on Branson, Kioti, Mahindra, and Long (including the new HST models), I went with a Branson 3520.

The delivered price with a BL-20 loader, R4s, rear remotes, and a 6 ft HD box blade was $16,675. This was from my local Branson/Kioti/Etc dealer, and was at least $1,000 better than I could do with any of the other Korean made machines available from a local source, except the Mahindra, which was almost exactly the same price.

I took delivery a few weeks ago, but had to go out of town right away, so I thought I'd wait until I got back to make this post. I have about five hours on her and am really happy overall.

As soon as I get a few more hours seat time, I'll post something in the review section.

I'd also like to thank all the folks who post here. Without the information available on this site, I would have had a much, much harder time chosing a tractor, and would probably have made a horrific uninformed-first-timer's mistake.

SnowRidge

Attachments

• 251912-P2280030Cropped.jpg
    251912-P2280030Cropped.jpg
    76.3 KB · Views: 481
   / New Tractor #2  
Nice looking unit! If this keeps up maybe the Kukje brothers (Branson, Century) will get their own forum like the Mahindra boys are after! /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif I think the Korean tractors are all pretty close, but the B-C twins have a much nicer loader than Mahindra in my opinion. Please keep us posted!
Pacesetter

/ New Tractor #3  
<font color="red">" if this keeps up maybe the Kukje brothers (Branson, Century) will get their own forum like the Mahindra boys are after! " <font color="black">

I agree, that would be nice!!
Frankly, I'm wondering if anyone else is getting bored seeing only the mighty "M" talked about in the Other Brands category.
I agree it is a good tractor,but the B-C twins don't take a backseat to them in the spec department or in pricing.
When the soon-to-arrive Cummins engines show up in the Kukje tractors, I bet we will see a lot more talk about Century and Branson.

dancce

/ New Tractor #4  
Everyone seems to speak of Mahindra as a Korean tractor, however their website says it is built in India. It is claimed to be the largest selling tractor in India, the largest tractor market in the world. I guess the Hind(u) part of Mahindra would be a clue.

/ New Tractor #5  
<font color="blue">Everyone seems to speak of Mahindra as a Korean tractor, however their website says it is built in India. </font>

Mahindra owners aren't clueless. While a lot of their tractors are built in India, some models are indeed Korean, such as the 4110 I own. It has a Daedong engine, in fact, the same model engine as the Kioti DK40. It is built by Tong Yang Moolsen (in fact, a lot of the parts on mine have "TYM" stamped/cast in to them.) If you search the archives, this aspect is well documented.

/ New Tractor
The "00" line is, indeed, built in India. Chet

/ New Tractor #7  
The "10" series Mahindras are from TYM in Korea. the "00","C",and "05" are all built in India which is the largest tractor market in the world. Around 250,000 tractors are sold there each year,with most being under 50 hp.

/ New Tractor #8  
I'm getting bored with the lack of B and C posts in the Other brands forum! And I own a 3520, so congrats SnowRidge. You're gonna love it. I have 20 hours and counting and have done an amazing amount of very hard work with mine. The only damage has been self inflicted and has not slowed me down one bit--just made me realize that I need to take all this wonderful advice on tnet seriously--like clean the grill/radiator screen every 30 minutes when in heavy use, don't back up after running over large, vicious saplings, and always say please and thank you. Keep us posted!