Rat's Unauthorized Loader Comparison Chart

/ Rat's Unauthorized Loader Comparison Chart #1  

rockyridgefarm

Elite Member
Tractor
Yanmar YT347
Rat\'s Unauthorized Loader Comparison Chart

OK, I was reading through my manuals, and I began to wonder just how much differance IS ther between some of our favorite brands.

I bult a table, using data from Kubota's web site, and the John Deere 430/460 owner's manual. I copied and pasted data, so the Kubota figures are English/metric; while the Deere is metric/English.

What about New Holland, Kioti or (insert your brand here)? Well, maybe I'll do them, but this was enough work, for now...

Attachments

• 252137-loaders.png
    252137-loaders.png
    34.1 KB · Views: 680
   / Rat's Unauthorized Loader Comparison Chart #2  
Re: Rat\'s Unauthorized Loader Comparison Chart

Hey Rockyridge, thats a lot of work. I have some figures from the JD "Governmental Bid Specification Booklet" as well as the JD "The Tractor Redefined" brochure. Both concour that the bucket rollback is only 23 degrees. That figure is important to me because with the bucket on the ground, fully rolled back, you can fill the bucket by hand almost completely when rolled back to 40 or more degrees. Typical when loading rocks, debris etc. I do not have breakout force at the pivot for Kubota. The lift is perhaps the greatest difference when comparing the LA 723 to the 430. At the pivot, the LA723 is 1870lb vs 1261lbs for the 430. Loader times were similar as were lift heights and bucket dump with the LA 723 having a slight advantage each time. I use to have the loader weights somewhere and that had pronounced differences. Memory recalls it being about 850lbs for the 430 and 1200lbs for the LA 723 all things being equal such as bucket and attachment points. Anyway, it's a great way to get the info out. The 430 is a fine, well built loader, I think it just needs a little facelift to go with the great tractors it sits on. My local JD/Kubota dealer has the 2 loaders, its a great way to look at the build differences. Rat...

/ Rat's Unauthorized Loader Comparison Chart

I ended up finding the 430 met my needs very well, course I started with a 7308... /forums/images/graemlins/shocked.gif The blue dealers didn't think that even a 16LA would work, and wanted me to look at the 32LA. It seems that the axles were the limiting factor. Now, I like the TN75, especially the cool front fenders, but my piggy bank gave out /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif

I want to be able to handle small round bales, something that the 430 manual covers in depth. My current round bale handler is pretty tired of hauling those around, and it wears out gloves... /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif

You have a JD/Kub Dealer? /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif That is great, being able to do side by side comparisons. All the Deere dealers 'round here are monotone. We do have some orange/blue and other combinations...

With all the confusion on specs, we need to open a proving grounds, and require all manufacturers submit equipment for thorough review

/ Rat's Unauthorized Loader Comparison Chart #4  

Rockyridge, you know it was kinda funny, I was out cutting my grass when it kinda hit me. I thought about how I could be out here with a sickle and what an improvement a power mower would be. From there I thought about what an advantage my ride on mower would be over that. From that I thought how it would be hard to use any of those things after using my 84" mower. It's all relative. Thats when I strated thinking about the 4310 or 4410 with a 430 loader. You know, that loader would make most anything I do pretty darn simple. It gets down to being pretty picky with the specs since its about all thats left to do with the great choice in tractors. Any loader would surely beat a shovel and wheelbarrow. I realize I'm getting older and now pretty much require these things, I'm either getting smarter, spoiled or a little bit of both. I think I have narrowed my choice to either a L3130 or JD4310. The reason for the smaller HP machine is as you mentioned, to go to the L3430 or JD4410 means a considerable cost for that small bump in power. The logical choice would be for me to go to the L3830, JD4610 if the L3130/JD4310 can't run my 84" finish mower. Rat...

/ Rat's Unauthorized Loader Comparison Chart

Well, it is interesting what we end up needing. Having been used to the superior loader on your L48, it may be that you can never be satisfied with less, for good reason. I find that when I know the facts and make a choice, I usually feel that I come out OK. (The 430 sure beats a shovel, and it will do what I want it to...)

I have a friend who bought a Long just before I bought the Deere, he would have liked a Deere, but couldn't afford the differance. Too bad he never priced them; my tractor cost less than his...