thinking of trading

/ thinking of trading #1  

toolmangmc

Tractor
kubota b7800
i own a b7800 kubota, had it for 5 years, great tractor.... need a bigger tractor. looking at a l3940 or a 1643 massey wondering which way to go, any input would be helpful

/ thinking of trading
i've been using this site for many years. the members here have a wealth of info. i hope my experince will be helpful to the members here. i no a lot more about tractors than i do computers so bear with me and we'll stumble through this.

/ thinking of trading #4  
i own a b7800 kubota, had it for 5 years, great tractor.... need a bigger tractor. looking at a l3940 or a 1643 massey wondering which way to go, any input would be helpful

Which dealer is closer and is one better than the other as far as service, etc?

/ thinking of trading
distance between them about the same. i've been dealing with the kubota dealer for 5 years, they do a good job. the massey dealer also has an excellant reputation. a friend of mine has a 1643 and loves it and says he looked at both and the 1643 has 5 more hp, a nicer cab, and was 3500 dollars less

/ thinking of trading #6  
distance between them about the same. i've been dealing with the kubota dealer for 5 years, they do a good job. the massey dealer also has an excellant reputation. a friend of mine has a 1643 and loves it and says he looked at both and the 1643 has 5 more hp, a nicer cab, and was 3500 dollars less

I am a big orange fan, so I am biased about that. I have had two and love both of them. I have also had Fords, Deer'es over the years and the family also has some NH and Stigers (big stuff on the big farms). I have never owned a Massey, but I have friends that swear by them. I can't help you much here all things being equal. Maybe some Massey owners can help you out with this one.

/ thinking of trading #7  
Take them for a test drive... see how *you* like them. I think either one would work.

/ thinking of trading
thanks gonna go try out my friends tractor, won't know til my butts in the seat, got to see how it feels

/ thinking of trading #9  
Define what you want, and need, the new machine to do that the current one does not do well.

With out knowing the requirements its very hard to get something that meets needs.

/ thinking of trading
i own a b7800 now, plenty of power, not enough weight. i skid a lot of trees for firewood, 140 cord a year. i'm just asking a lot from a 2200lb tractor.